Gas hob goes out (1 Viewer)

KevP101

Free Member
May 29, 2010
Funster No
Suddenly, one of my three gas hobs in my Thetford SCK13000 will not stay alight after ignition (it lights but goes out as soon as the gas on/off buton is released).

Can anyone please advise how i get to the thermocouple, and test it or reposition it - or suggest other possible causes that i can investigate?

Thanks

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Suddenly, one of my three gas hobs in my Thetford SCK13000 will not stay alight after ignition (it lights but goes out as soon as the gas on/off buton is released).

Can anyone please advise how i get to the thermocouple, and test it or reposition it - or suggest other possible causes that i can investigate?

Thanks

Check this out,

1/ Is the tip of the thermocouple in a flame? if not has it, or can it be moved a little bit.

2/ If it is in a flame or cannot be moved to a flame then get a gas lighter, the kind that are used to light cookers, play the gas lighter flame onto the thermocouple, while doing that, turn on the gas ring, the ring will light, release the gas button, still with the gas lighter playing on the thermocouple.

If the gas ring goes out then its either the thermocouple or (and here I'm not 100% sure because I don't know your make of cooker) the coupling connection to the gas valve.

Doug...

OP
OP
K

KevP101

Free Member
May 29, 2010
Funster No
Gas hoh goes out

Thanks Doug

Flams still goes out - so it looks beyond my abilities. Dealer here we come!

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back