NIGELB

Free Member
Jul 8, 2010
CO DURHAM
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
Can anyone advise me on campsites in the Edinburgh area or even jedburgh .thats were we are heading in the morning thanks !!:thumb:.You may think its a train going by but no its me, looks like injectors need servicing:Doh:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Look up CC CL at Carlops.Bus to Edinbugger 5 mins walk. I think tickets were about £3 return. Site last year was £8 with leccie. All pitches were hard standing though sloped you will need levelling blocks.

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
Edinburgh

Can anyone advise me on campsites in the Edinburgh area or even jedburgh .thats were we are heading in the morning thanks !!:thumb:.You may think its a train going by but no its me, looks like injectors need servicing:Doh:
Hi there, We've stayed at Mortonhall - a biggish site due south of the city centre. It's 5 mins from the city bypass and on a bus route so you can get into the centre no problem. Site facilities are good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
There is a nice site at Linwater http://www.linwater.co.uk/ on the Western outskirts of the city that is about a 10 minute drive from the airport park and ride where you can park a motorhome. Bus tickets into the city are £1.20 or you can pay £2.50 for an all day ticket on any of the LRT buses. This is great value as the bus system is excellent.
We live nearby but I have used that site before and it's lovely with excellent facilities and friendly owners. It is also close to the big outlet centre in Livingston if you enjoy shopping.
Enjoy Edinburgh!
Margaret

OP
OP
NIGELB

NIGELB

Free Member
Jul 8, 2010
CO DURHAM
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
stayed put

thanks everyone but we got up this morning sun shining so stayed here catch a few rays.cycled down to perth centre two miles down hill .:cry::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back