Which one? BoleroFB, StarTrail or Bessacarr E600 (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi

We are wanting to upgrade from a Autocruise Starburst to one of the above models, but we cant decide which one. They are very similar in layout, but we have only managed to find the Swift Bolero FB to have a good look at and the build quality looks very good.

Can anyone comment on any aspect of the three - good or bad - so we can be better informed and know what to look for, or not!!

Many thanks,

Ginny and Mike

Last edited:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Have read some bad reports about Swift Bolero FB durability of build, not personal experience just what I have read.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
from my own personal experience with my Swift 630g I would advise that you stay 1 million miles away from any Swift product, there are many who will tell you that they are happy with their Swift but they have not experienced the problems that I have had. Yes I still have the swift, but that's only because I don't have the money to change it.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Hi

We are wanting to upgrade from a Autocruise Starburst to one of the above models, but we cant decide which one. They are very similar in layout, but we have only managed to find the Swift Bolero FB to have a good look at and the build quality looks very good.

Can anyone comment on any aspect of the three - good or bad - so we can be better informed and know what to look for, or not!!

Many thanks,

Ginny and Mike

We have the Bessacarr our 2nd one the after care i have had from Swift has been first class the build quallity excellent

Bill:Cool:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hiya we had a Bolero FB absolutely loved it ::bigsmile: we have got a Bessacarr 765P now its the same layout as the Bolero just a tad bigger , We only had small teething problems that were dealt with straight away .We traveled a lot of Europe in the Bolero and also went Skiing ,
So you will have my thumbs up with Swift :thumb::thumb:

Ash :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
from my own personal experience with my Swift 630g I would advise that you stay 1 million miles away from any Swift product, there are many who will tell you that they are happy with their Swift but they have not experienced the problems that I have had. Yes I still have the swift, but that's only because I don't have the money to change it.

Doug...

If your still having problems, why not bring the van to us.

Peter

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
If your still having problems, why not bring the van to us.

Peter

Well peter you are not going to like the answer but you did ask...

I have tried going to dealers/repair shops before and with the exception of one occasion non of the repairs lasted more that 12 month.

I had to take the van to your kind of setup because the warranty insurance would not have it any other way, now I carry my own risk and do the repairs myself.

On the last repair, the replacement of the accommodation door due to delamination, on getting the van home I found that there was daylight visible from the top of the door to the lock position.

The one exception was when the shower tray had to be replaced, the old one was cracked and leaking, on that occasion I insisted that the work was done to my instructions and that I was present while the work was done.

So you see Perter I have no confidence in Swift or the dealers that serve swift.

Sorry Peter but as I said "you did ask"

Doug...

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Have read some bad reports about Swift Bolero FB durability of build, not personal experience just what I have read.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

I think we have decided on the Autocruise Startrail, we do have a question though. The Fridge and Freezer is very posh but there does not seem to be any way of locking the door open a little to let the air in and keep the fridge fresh when it is not in use.

Is this normal? we are used to the the 3 way fridge which allows you to wedge the door open and locked.

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back