Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
In case anyone is interested we are having a wild meet 16 - 20th July. Visit www.brinherbnursery.co.uk for details of who/where we are, and email if you are intersted (not sure if I will be able to pickup PMs as I am not, as yet, a subscriber. :Doh:)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
In case anyone is interested we are having a wild meet 16 - 20th July. Visit www.brinherbnursery.co.uk for details of who/where we are, and email if you are intersted (not sure if I will be able to pickup PMs as I am not, as yet, a subscriber. :Doh:)

That's a grand invitation. Scottish meets are a bit thin on the ground. There are at least two FUNsters close to you.

Just a bit too far for us :Sad:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Thanks for the invite but we will be away during your meet but now i know where you are i may pop in when up your way in sept.

Gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Sorry Magbrin,
As Scot living "darn sarf" I'd love to come along, but as SWMBO is still working, I have to "toe the line." :roflmto: Rita has taken leave to visit family in Wales over that period anyway, so we'll be even further south...........and west. :winky:

I do hope that you get good responses to your "informal meet." From the info in the link, it sounds like a lovely location.

Good luck,

Jock.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Still trying to organize a visit for this one. :thumb:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Still trying to organize a visit for this one. :thumb:

A bit more information - to help you ....................
We have plenty of space and are hoping for a meet to remember. But that depends on all of us!
Information so far:
Friday – Tuesday nights (16th – 21st July) - any or all
Basic cost - nil
Likely numbers to date: 5 – 10 vans (5 booked to date)
On site facilities: fresh water tap, toilet emptying prefer "green" chemicals. Café. Parking in field – unless very wet (alternative arrangements will be made).
Activities easy to arrange: walking, birdwatching, cycling, barbeque ( bring enough for yourself, but if possible be happy to share), etc
Activities that can be arranged but may need prior commitment – loch fishing, trip to Dores Inn (Loch Ness side), other outings
Activities dependant on you: ceilidh, games, and whatever else normally happens at meets!
Hope to see you,
Magbrin <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
A bit more information - to help you ....................
We have plenty of space and are hoping for a meet to remember. But that depends on all of us!
Information so far:
Friday – Tuesday nights (16th – 21st July) - any or all
Basic cost - nil
Likely numbers to date: 5 – 10 vans (5 booked to date)
On site facilities: fresh water tap, toilet emptying prefer "green" chemicals. Café. Parking in field – unless very wet (alternative arrangements will be made).
Activities easy to arrange: walking, birdwatching, cycling, barbeque ( bring enough for yourself, but if possible be happy to share), etc
Activities that can be arranged but may need prior commitment – loch fishing, trip to Dores Inn (Loch Ness side), other outings
Activities dependant on you: ceilidh, games, and whatever else normally happens at meets!
Hope to see you,
Magbrin <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hi Magbrin

Now got our calendar together & we are heading your way Thursday 15 July after dropping our granddaughter back home in Falkirk.

Are we OK for a few nights from then? Not sure how long we will want to stay but your hospitality sounds good.

Our plans are to head NE after we leave for a few more days exploring the delights of
the bonny country.

Keith

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,we're in Daviot NOW -have to be home in S.wales by 17th,but thinking of calling in on you in next couple of days for a chat ::bigsmile:
Cya soon,

Mike.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Magbrin

Now got our calendar together & we are heading your way Thursday 15 July after dropping our granddaughter back home in Falkirk.

Are we OK for a few nights from then? Not sure how long we will want to stay but your hospitality sounds good.

Our plans are to head NE after we leave for a few more days exploring the delights of
the bonny country.

Keith

Great, Keith
Look forward to seeing you:Smile: There is always space, although the meet is officially from 16th. Can you let me know which nights you will be here for, what you would like to see happening and what you can offer – musical talent, ideas for activities, bbqing skills, etc :thumb:
Planning the main event, probably on the Saturday night - a barbeque. Bring enough for however many in your van but be parpared to share - should be good:ROFLMAO:
Will keep you informed:Cool:
In case I run out of free posts could you email your email address to margaret@brinherbnursery.co.uk please?
see you soon
Magbrin

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Hi,we're in Daviot NOW -have to be home in S.wales by 17th,but thinking of calling in on you in next couple of days for a chat ::bigsmile:
Cya soon,

Mike.

Hi, you couldn't be much closer considering the size of the Highlands::bigsmile:
Please call in anytime - and if you want to say for a night or two - even better:ROFLMAO:
Cheers
Magbrin

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
2 vans from here signed up, to date, and total of 9 and rising.
Look forward to seeing you Dingray and Keith. will PM/email - but now I have paid I will get your messages:thumb:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
We're not far away from you but unfortunately that is the weekend we are going away for two weeks - we are heading south so can't pop in. Now we know where you are, maybe later in the year.

Phil

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
We're not far away from you but unfortunately that is the weekend we are going away for two weeks - we are heading south so can't pop in. Now we know where you are, maybe later in the year.

Phil

Sorry you'll be away - but hope to see you before the end of the season:Smile:
Have a good holiday:Cool:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
A Successful Gathering

Firstly, thank you Dingray & Keith, for coming to the inaugural Highland gathering – it was truly a gathering of the clans, with 4 motorhome forums represented. I thought it might have been 6 but at the last minute 2 people didn’t come/stay and they were the only representatives from two other forums (except, of course, me!!) Also I would like to say how well brought up everyone must have been. Not only leaving the field clean and tidy but also being so fulsome in their thanks and praise. Many thanks to you all, for that, but it would not have been such a success without YOU.
We really enjoyed ourselves, although it was a pity we were working – especially when you went to the Dores Inn on Saturday. If there is demand we will be repeating the operation again next year. I hope those of you who wanted to come but had something else planned will make it next year. The date will not be the same so please let me know if there is a better time for you.
Also please remember that we offer overnight parking (free of charge) during our season – April – September if you are interested, and if anyone wants to organise a small group event on the field please get in touch – there may be a charge for this.

490.jpg

420.jpg

448.jpg

452.jpg

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
A big thanks to Margaret & Angus for a very enjoyable gathering, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. :thumb:

Their place is in a great spot by the big hill Brin Rock, which some of our campers managed to climb. They proved this by frantic waving on reaching the top. :shout:

The other great place was the Dores Inn a short drive away & on the shore of Lock Ness.

If you find yourself in the area call in you will be made vary welcome I'm sure, & a free safe stop over. :thumb:

Keith

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
A big thanks to Margaret & Angus for a very enjoyable gathering, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. :thumb:

Their place is in a great spot by the big hill Brin Rock, which some of our campers managed to climb. They proved this by frantic waving on reaching the top. :shout:

The other great place was the Dores Inn a short drive away & on the shore of Lock Ness.

If you find yourself in the area call in you will be made vary welcome I'm sure, & a free safe stop over. :thumb:

Keith

Thanks Keith, and glad you enjoyed yourselves. Hope you had a good "onward journey" as they say and I hope we will see you again, here sometime.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Looks like you all had a good time-Carolyn and I enjoyed our brief visit,and would have loved to stay for the Meet,but we already had stuff booked down here-boring stuff,like MOT and hosp appts.
Hope to see you at your next Meet. ::bigsmile:

Mike.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Looks like you all had a good time-Carolyn and I enjoyed our brief visit,and would have loved to stay for the Meet,but we already had stuff booked down here-boring stuff,like MOT and hosp appts.
Hope to see you at your next Meet. ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Yes Mike - it seemed to go very well considering that we had done nothing like it before:Smile: Have you any plans to come up again this year - you never know we might build the next one round your next visit:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back