New and in need of a little help! (1 Viewer)

Madeleine Baigrie

Free Member
Jul 16, 2010
Funster No
Hello I just bought a 1981 Mercedes 508d and am wondering if there might be somewhere I can download or buy a user manual. I need to educate myself a little and this would be a really valuable tool. Any ideas where I might find one or just generally any advice on the 508d would be very much appreciated. Cheers :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hello I just bought a 1981 Mercedes 508d and am wondering if there might be somewhere I can download or buy a user manual.

Have you tried ebay ? I got a CD manual for my Fiat but it's a popular chassis.

Wildman on here had one, he may be along in moment to help.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to fun:welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The 508 is agricultural mechanics,once its started it will run all week.
Make sure you change the oil at 5000miles and thats about it realy.
Anyone can repair and maintain it with a bed spanner,bike spanner and hammer,thats why they are capable of intergalactic milages.
Welcome to the fun and enjoy your travels in the knowledge that if you do breakdown in some godforsaken part of the world somone will be able to fix your 508 and get you going for very little money changing hands.
Its a wise man that buys one of those vehicles.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hello I just bought a 1981 Mercedes 508d and am wondering if there might be somewhere I can download or buy a user manual. I need to educate myself a little and this would be a really valuable tool. Any ideas where I might find one or just generally any advice on the 508d would be very much appreciated. Cheers :)
hi and welcome to the site. the 508d is a great base vehicle. Any specific questions that I may be able to help with? Are you the person who bought my beast I wonder?

14Cumbria.jpg

I did have some info on file will try to retrieve it from the hard drive of my now defunct laptop.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
hi and welcome to the site. the 508d is a great base vehicle. Any specific questions that I may be able to help with? Are you the person who bought my beast I wonder?

14Cumbria.jpg

I did have some info on file will try to retrieve it from the hard drive of my now defunct laptop.

Don't think so Roger... Madeleine's 508D is white and blue (judging by the photo I saw in "Latest Vehicles" on the front page of MHF !)

JJ:winky:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Manual found.

Hi Maddie, I have found the 508D manual in .PDF format please PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Hi and welcome to the FUNSTERS

:welcomefunster:flyingwelcome
Happy Daze