Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Why do motorhome builders always (98% of the time)supply their vehicles in white with just the odd decal here and there.I know the base vehicles come in white and white reflects the sun but its all pretty boring dont you think.
Id like to see 2 tone green that the old Commer Highwayman used to come in and some of the Bedford CA`s,VW etc also had some great colour schemes.
What would you like to see or is it only me that feels like this.
The stupid names also , mines Firestorm:RollEyes::roflmto:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
If You have ever been in a Spanish sun with temps in the shade of high 30's and low 40's the you would be glad of a white body.

Doug...

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
You prolly wouldn't Doug, it would all too soon be beetroot red and very very painful! LOL

You are of course 100% correct, this is why in hot places - Spain, Greece etc - they paint their entire houses Omo white! (and shut the shutters)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

goffer

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
weymouth sunny dorset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 but tugged for 10
OMO packet in the windows of army quarters years ago used to mean old mans out, dont know about the colour::bigsmile:

jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Why do motorhome builders always (98% of the time)supply their vehicles in white with just the odd decal here and there.I know the base vehicles come in white and white reflects the sun but its all pretty boring dont you think.
Id like to see 2 tone green that the old Commer Highwayman used to come in and some of the Bedford CA`s,VW etc also had some great colour schemes.
What would you like to see or is it only me that feels like this.
The stupid names also , mines Firestorm:RollEyes::roflmto:

Yes, I agree. It would be better if m/homes, and caravans for that matter, blended a bit more into the landscape as well as looking more interesting.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yes, I agree. It would be better if m/homes, and caravans for that matter, blended a bit more into the landscape as well as looking more interesting.

do you mean like this ??? ... :ROFLMAO:
mow_car.jpg

OP
OP
P

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
My last Vw camper I imported from California and that was red with a white roof,but suppose it doesn't get very hot there.::bigsmile: If this white thing was only to do with the hot climates ,then all the vehicles there would be white and there not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back