Rally Chat Retro Newark / Newbury 2019 (1 Viewer)

Scary Ruth

Free Member
Jan 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2017
Is there going to be an encampment at these two shows next year? Really enjoyed Newbury this year and would like to donNewzrk next year. Hope so

Jan 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2015
Hope there is funster booking really enjoyed Newbury this year and hoping to do one or both next year

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Always a good event we have been going for years.
Hope they do what they have said and use a different contractor for the dance floors next year. They were the worst they have ever been at Newbury this year. My ankles were aching for days afterwards this year, we spend at least 3-4 hours a day on the dance floors. Sloping floor in the Black hanger was terrible and screws sticking up in the Spitfire tent didn't do my dance shoes much good.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone looking at this who wants to know the dates - see here https://www.retrofestival.co.uk/ for info.
If it's like previous years then rally fee includes entry & is booked through @Landy lover at a discount price for the well located Fun & RVOC area & not through the website.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Thanks @Wombles - Yes we will be doing both and I will be putting the detail on the forum as we run up to Xmas - This time of the years is crazy for our business so to avoid problems I don't post it until the pressure eases about mid December

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Were in for Newbury, please put us on the list @Landy lover , will sort out the dosh after Xmas if thats OK.
Thanks
Les

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
We will be doing Newbury, Landy does a great job organising funsters field. Unfortunately did not find Newark as good, landy did a great job but the alternate stage was outside, no dance floor anf retro festival have indicated that this be same in 2019. Having said that the retro festival organise a dammed good weelend.

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
@P Jones I think you’ve miss understood my post Iknow around Newark and I’m from Stoke on Trent.

John.
sorry, not your falt my heads in the clouds, do you no; when; newark retro is on thanks please keep in touch,pj

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
sorry, not your falt my heads in the clouds, do you no; when; newark retro is on thanks please keep in touch,pj
Newark Retrofestival is Friday 7 until Sunday 9 June 2019 but if camping there then usually arrive either Thursday or Friday & leave on the Monday - website link here https://www.retrofestival.co.uk/newark/ - you need to scroll down then click on the various boxes for information.
If you want to book the camping on the rally with Fun & RVOC then nothing to do now but look out for when @Landy lover posts about it early next year - it's normally better value camping & in a great spot as well as having the company of fellow members :xThumb:

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
Is there going to be an encampment at these two shows next year? Really enjoyed Newbury this year and would like to donNewzrk next year. Hope so
thanks if you are their hope to see you, all the best,pj at newark,

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Last year the Newark event was few days after the Soul Survivors weekend, does anybody know if that is happening again?

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Bob it was Ken & Lynda @canopus that organized the soul meet, probably a bit early yet to start setting
up a thread.

Ray.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hope so, more noisy nights :D
Doesn't sound like you Rich, you were already in your PJ's when I invited you over a drink, you lightweight.:xrofl:

We traditionally open the wine at midnight in our van at the Retro. Can't start drinking until after we have finished dancing.:xgrin:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Don’t bother with awnings now we’ve got the Popup Rich.
Would you like some advice on which awning to buy :xgrin:.

John.

Err let me think for a nano secound, no thanks can’t afford that many :D

Doesn't sound like you Rich, you were already in your PJ's when I invited you over a drink, you lightweight.:xrofl:

We traditionally open the wine at midnight in our van at the Retro. Can't start drinking until after we have finished dancing.:xgrin:

You caught me on a tired night :D
Ohh I don’t wear pj’s but don’t tell the ladies they’ll all want a look :rofl:

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks Ray

Hope it comes off.
See you in a couple of weeks