Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Would it be OK to fit a BBQ gas outlet to the door of the gas locker connecting it with a flexible hose ?.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Would it be OK to fit a BBQ gas outlet to the door of the gas locker connecting it with a flexible hose ?.

I don't think it's ideal, for the obvious reasons, but Gaslow fit filling vales on locker doors..

From a convenience point it may get in the way when changing bottles..

If you go ahead, I suggest using stainless steel hose .. not just braided rubber, but the type supplied by Gaslow

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
In my view .... NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Although some people fit the Gaslow filler in the locker door it is NOT recommended by anyone I've spoken to who knows what they're on about! As for fitting a gas BBQ point in the door - please don't do it! :Eeek:

It was suggested to us over the weekend that we could fit a T piece below the regulator and put a pipe on that to use with the gas locker door open, running a long pipe to the BBQ, but the propblem is that if a fault develops with the gas BBQ installation you would have to isolate it by turning off the gas completely at the bottle ... then you ain't got no gas! Better to install it with proper copper piping and isolation tap separately from the main gas feed to the 'van so that you can isolate it if needs be and still use your other gas appliances (simlar to how the other appliances are installed with their own isoliation taps).

... I speak from experience of the consequences of a badly installed BBQ point in the right place but which was T'd off the main pipe leading up to the manifold for the other equipment's isolation taps - when it failed (not fun at all!) we had no gas appliances at all!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I Better to install it with proper copper piping and isolation tap separately from the main gas feed to the 'van so that you can isolate it if needs be and still use your other gas appliances (simlar to how the other appliances are installed with their own isoliation taps).

Correct .. no one in there right mind would T into a gas line and not fit an isolation valve.. neither the OP nor I suggested doing that.. there is no reason not to use a flexible s/s hose for the final connection to the BBQ point , as I said, not ideal but in some vans the door is the most practical place ..

Edit

Bear in mind, a filler point fitted into the door the hose is under high pressure .. a BBQ point is low pressure.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back