France, Yellow jacket demonstration 10th Dec. (2 Viewers)

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Rumors are going around of a massive demonstration planned for the 10th Dec. Local people have been advised to fill fuel tanks and stock up on food. The french farmers and students are to join the demonstrators. The momentum seems to be gathering against the government.

Oct 16, 2018
CHESTERFIELD DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
Long enough
And so those French people you see when you buy a baguette, go to a Restaurant and Bar or pass in the street with their 'Bon jours' are all actually a bunch of des manifestants.

Another myth shattered.

Still, not long till Santa gets here.

:france: :france: :france: :france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Getting more & more support :p

Mac.jpg

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I had a nice day trip to Calais yesterday. Son wanted to go to Pidou, came off ferry, saw lots of migrants as we headed on the road towards Pidou, then we we saw the gilet jaunes and the fire. The entry to Pidou was blocked, this must be crippling Pidou, no retail or fuel sales !! They have suffered in the past because of the jungle alongside now this. We proceeded to The winestore just a bit more along, no problem there!
There was evidence around Calais of damaged roads where there had been fires.

But there is good news, the Friterie des Nations has returned to its usual place but now in a lockup building. The frites are of the usual standard :xsmile:
Diesel was 144.9 but saw it yesterday 139.9 at Auchan. :D

ps Oh yes, if heading towards Dover then use the A2 where practical as there are miles and miles and miles of roadworks on the M20.
We went down on the A2 but returned on the M20 !!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Is it just me or is Macron doing a Marie Antoinette.
"Can't afford diesel, let them buy electric"
Pity he's put the tax up on that too.

She came to a sticky end, don't they have a guillotine anywhere?

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
The troubles will probably halt as the increase in fuel cost has been delayed for 6 months, so just inn time for the summer holidays.....

The government has listened and acted, perhaps this could be an example for Mrs May? :)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The troubles will probably halt as the increase in fuel cost has been delayed for 6 months, so just inn time for the summer holidays.....

The government has listened and acted, perhaps this could be an example for Mrs May? :)
I think they still want far more than that. If anything it is drawing in far more different groups ,all with other complaints.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
It's only been delayed. I don't think they'll be satisfied till it, and the previous hike have been cancelled.
I can see why they're annoyed, ecological argument is a bit weak if there is no affordable alternative. It's just another tax, and only a small proportion was going to be spent on green projects.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
You certainly wouldn't see much solidarity if we beer-bellied Hells Anginas went the full jaune.

More like Charlie’s angels. :xrofl:

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Just put up a post before I saw this one!Spoke at length with my French friend who lives In Soissons."Yellow Vests"are camping out on many islands and stopping traffic to cause disruption !He got stopped twice yesterday going to Braine which is only about 20 mins away.He said it will get worse the weekend with big protests planned!Macron and his Government not popular!!But neither have his previous Presidents been!Lesson for everybody though is you cannot spend what you hav'nt got and that is what France and other Governments in the Eu have been doing.As I understand it Macron is trying to put up tax's to restore some economical balance .

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
It's only been delayed.

Not anymore
Announcement this morning
The so said delayed taxes will no longer be for the whole next year

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not anymore
Announcement this morning
The so said delayed taxes will no longer be for the whole next year

He's really back pedalling now, I think he's caved in too early. Now they will just carry on and try and get even more from him. I think Maggie Thatchers balls were considerably bigger than Macron's

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
He's really back pedalling now, I think he's caved in too early. Now they will just carry on and try and get even more from him. I think Maggie Thatchers balls were considerably bigger than Macron's
I think he's caved in too soon too. What the protesters want is a better standard of living than they earn same as a lot everywhere. Its like Labour over here tax the rich (they must think there are 20 million of them) to pay for anything for everyone including their own over generous pension.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
They are still carrying on just watch the News. Coppers firing tear gas at 'em.

Don't know if anyone else noticed the "Frexit" Placards?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

The french just love "La Manifestation"....almost a national sport. They should have a championships:

Sheep carcass burning
Autoroute blocking
manure dumping
Molotov throwing
Car rolling
Gendarme baiting
etc......

They already televise it as the TV crews "on strike" rota is carefully planned not to clash with it. Many a true word......

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

Yes, also seen that.

Not long ago Macron slated the French for being backward "Gauls" and said there is no such thing as French culture. Macron was even quoted as saying something to the effect that if they were allowed a referendum the French would vote to leave the EU.

It's what Macron is scared of. Macron is one of the EU's federalist zealots. National identity and culture must be crushed. Member states must give up their sovereignty. EU reform means speeding up the "ever closer union", not devolving power down from the top.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We drove from Cite Europe to La Mailleraye-sur-Seine this morning via A16, D901/D1001 to Abbeville then A28 towards Rouen, D929 and over the Pont de Brotonne.
Only saw two demonstrations, one lot by a roundabout near Yvetot, where a bleary eyed chap stuck his head out of the makeshift hut they had built, took one look at us and went back in.
The second much bigger group were at the southern end of the Pont de Brotonne. They were stopping vehicles and talking to the occupants coming in the opposite direction to us.
We had our yellow jackets on the dash and all we had to contend with were waves and thumbs up. Gave them a toot and got more waves.
It all looked very friendly to us.

Richard.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun