Free Member
Jul 15, 2010
solihull
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
9 months
I still get really excited when we go away in our new motorhome, a trigano tribute 665, its only a small one, but my husband and I are not big so it is ideal. It still feels like a great adventure when we set off. We have been to europe 3 times in the colder months, and now we are trying to away to the english countryside at least once a month.I love the freedom of being able to decide where to go just a few days before, our 24 year old son still lives with us so we don't have to worry about feeding the cats etc. my friends are very jealous. we are going to the eden project in 2 weeks time and found a campsite within walking distance as we dont like to move the van once we are parked up.now we are organizing a couple of bikes and a rack,so we can have more fun.::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
But of course !! :winky:

Non MH folk wonder and ask why we go off almost every weekend even if we leave late Sat morning and have to be back early afternoon Sunday..

It is just to get out and about in the van !!

As to why, no idea at all !!! I suspect it is just that it forces me to stop work and relax for a day..

After 4 years of it I still wanna be out there 'doing things' with the van rather than actually doing anything productive !

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We always look forward to going out in the motorhome

I see you are getting bikes xxx make sure your security for them is tip top as we wouldnt want to see a future posting from you saying theyve been nicked

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
now we are organizing a couple of bikes and a rack,so we can have more fun.::bigsmile:

Brilliant move. When you park up near a nice promenade or cute town there's nothing like pedalling around. You see that much more when you can travel a good bit faster than walking.

Electric bikes even better if you are olde fartes.

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
I still get really excited when we go away in our new motorhome, a trigano tribute 665, its only a small one, but my husband and I are not big so it is ideal. It still feels like a great adventure when we set off. We have been to europe 3 times in the colder months, and now we are trying to away to the english countryside at least once a month.I love the freedom of being able to decide where to go just a few days before, our 24 year old son still lives with us so we don't have to worry about feeding the cats etc. my friends are very jealous. we are going to the eden project in 2 weeks time and found a campsite within walking distance as we dont like to move the van once we are parked up.now we are organizing a couple of bikes and a rack,so we can have more fun.::bigsmile:

I can fully understand how you feel, took ours out just for the day to the beach today. My wife has her friend staying so we all set off to Goring by sea.

So nice after a long walk on a very breezy day to come back to the MH put the kettle on , prepare some lunch and then just relax for a while, a short but very welcome relaxing day.

Just keep enjoying!!!!:thumb::thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
A motorhome is not like a caravan, you don't need to stay put. just shut the door and drive and the trubute is very small compared to some so no problems with parking. Lots to see in Devon and Cornwall and the Eden project is right in the heart of it. I hope you have good legs for tis a good walk to see it all. fantastic place though. Enjoy yourselves. Make sure the handlebars of the bikes cannot hit the window or like some others on here you will be looking for a replacement.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back