Safefill 10kg Bottles Available & With Discount Code (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The UK website http://www.safefill.co.uk/ for Safefill have been out of stock for some time & when we contacted them they don't have timescales at present for when more stock is due :( We tried all their UK distributors too but same problem. Their bottles are rare secondhand & sell for as much or even more than their original price so we looked further afield & ordered from Germany https://www.safefill-deutschland.de/epages/82696817.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=Categories
After a search online found the 5% discount code Safefill2018 that they gave out on leaflets at the Caravan Salon :) Using a zero rated credit card via Paypal we made sure we chose the credit card rate not Paypal rate which is appalling - have to click to change to this. Ordered four days ago & arrived today even with the weekend (y)
More info. about this, the fittings & new option of a fixing kit here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...ding-accessories-discount-codes.184590/page-3 but thought it might be of interest to some that might not spot it there so worth this separate thread too.

10_eu.png

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Nice they boast Morrisons as Safefill filling partners
I dont think the other alternative have these arrangements do they?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Don't think Gaslow or Gas It have that agreement yet.
Like it that the Safefill bottles don't explode - maybe that's why they have the German TUV approval.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone interested this is the bottle manufacturers video which shows the bottles melting rather than exploding:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
None do but all will vent if hot enough and these being plastic must fail in a fire.
Safefill are fibreglass with a plastic surround & handle & they claim that they don't bleve like steel bottles so are safer in a fire. For us they are safety rated, light & refillable & fit in our gas locker well but we will still have a small second steel back up bottle to exchange (in case nowhere to fill up) for long trips too.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
so are safer in a fire. .

You posted the video, they show and explain, all the gas leaves the cylinder and burns. Looks good in Norway but picture that inside your gas locker.

I'm not saying don't buy them, they are safe, just accept that if there is a fire, up they go.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Here is a good example of a metal tank venting instead of exploding. Fast forwards to 2.5 mins.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not ideal though ... surely one of the main reasons for getting refillable cylinders is so you don't end up having to lug them in and out of your locker!

IMPORTANT User Information filling at Morrisons
For the Pump attendant to authorise the filling of your safefill LPG cylinder you MUST:

1. Remove your safefill cylinder from your vehicle
  2. Show the pump attendant you have a safefill cylinder
  3. Follow the filling instructions on your safefill cylinder
  4. Commence with the fill, pay at the kiosk

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Not ideal though ... surely one of the main reasons for getting refillable cylinders is so you don't end up having to lug them in and out of your locker!

IMPORTANT User Information filling at Morrisons
For the Pump attendant to authorise the filling of your safefill LPG cylinder you MUST:

1. Remove your safefill cylinder from your vehicle
  2. Show the pump attendant you have a safefill cylinder
  3. Follow the filling instructions on your safefill cylinder
  4. Commence with the fill, pay at the kiosk
Far better than to go through all that to be told you cant fill your cylinder

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Having received our Safefill 10kg cylinder it looks very well made - it is manufactured by Hexagon Ragasco in Norway who have been making them for 15 years https://www.hexagonragasco.com/ . It is also very light so even filled will be easy to move around & take safely in the car to local LPG pumps which is what we wanted :) There are pros & cons of all options & have had both Gaslow (very good quality cylinder & fittings) with a fixed filling point & used Calor & Flogas bottles before & for us at the moment this is the best option but personal choice. Gaslow & Gas It both now do a direct fill bottle (as well as those that need a fixed filling point) but much heavier.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
they look remarkably like my BP light bottles and looking on the Homebase website they are labelled as refillable, something I hadn't noticed before. does this mean I have been exchanging them when I could have refilled them?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
they look remarkably like my BP light bottles and looking on the Homebase website they are labelled as refillable, something I hadn't noticed before. does this mean I have been exchanging them when I could have refilled them?
Not an expert on this but BP Light do look like they are the composite type made by Hexagon Ragasco but they are exchange cylinders so like Calor bottles they are not safe to refill yourself as wouldn't have the 80% cut off valve inside.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Saw that they describe it as refillable & agree that could suggest self refilling but then says "Initial price includes bottle hire and deposit. A refill price is £41.99. If you no longer want to keep refilling your Gaslight bottle then you can return the empty bottle for a £12.50 refund. Only available to collect in store." Refill has to be done by them & very expensive to refill!

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
you beat me to it!

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
I do agree they are much lighter than steel and probably not that much trouble to remove from locker to fill but alas, I will never know:(.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Safefill Update:
Although we don't have a Morrisons with a LPG pump locally it was very handy to take the Safefill cylinder in the car to a local independent garage on our way back from shopping today & it cost just £13.26 to fill up with 19.5 litres (y) That was at 68p per litre but we are in an area with little competition so would be cheaper again somewhere like Andy's Gas https://www.andysgas.net/lpgautogas.htm at Cribbs Causeway, Avonmouth, Bristol - their standard price quoted on their website is 59p per litre but if for domestic use (Safefill refills mentioned) only then 49p per litre as taxed less - know a lot of the RVOC members fill up their big tanks there at that rate. They also do the filling for you which makes it safer & ideal for anyone unsure about filling up.
There are some good websites & apps to help find LPG - like FillLPG as it has prices updated by users https://www.filllpg.co.uk/index.php?page=lpg.php & this is another one to check https://www.mylpg.eu/ . Looks like Andy's Gas was 57.2p & 52.2p on the last user update on 27 November according to FillLPG so may vary slightly from website but likely to be competitive.
Although now full, the Safefill bottle is still light & easy to handle with comfortable sections to hold so ideal for putting into our slightly awkward locker.

jo10000_6

Free Member
Dec 21, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 Classic
Exp
Jan 2018
Hi
How heavy would you say your 10kg bottle was once filled - I note you mentioned it was light but from a female popping it in and out the locker an idea of a full bottle weight would be of interest.
Thanks
Jo

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi
How heavy would you say your 10kg bottle was once filled - I note you mentioned it was light but from a female popping it in and out the locker an idea of a full bottle weight would be of interest.
Thanks
Jo
It is around 16kg filled & with it's design for the hand hold points it felt less (y)

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Seems a lot of hassle to fill i like the lazy way pump and go with refillable

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
INFO. UPDATE:

For UK filling the bottle already has the UK adapter fitted to the bottle https://www.safefill-deutschland.de..._DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/82696817/Products/0001 which is fine for this kind of pump
safety-cylinder2.jpg
but if you are planning on using filling stations with plastic shields then you may need an extender which we understand may be available from Safefill UK (£19.50 delivered but contact them to check) or if buying the extra European adapter set with the bottle from Germany then add another UK adapter https://www.safefill-deutschland.de..._DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/82696817/Products/0010
Adapter_Bajonett_m.jpg

We don't have this extra UK adapter so don't know if it screws directly into the adapter on the bottle to extend it (depends on the thread) or if one of these (comes with extra European adapter sets) https://www.safefill-deutschland.de..._DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/82696817/Products/0007 is also needed:

Adapter_Left_Right_ml.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just checked & currently out of stock in Germany (as well as in UK) but have registered to be emailed once stock in so will update here then.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE: Safefill Germany still out of stock but now stock in UK although design of bottles has changed so gas level is not so easy to see:
safefill-cylinder-images.png

The above are now available from Safefill UK - 10kg bottle is £182 delivered from them but £168 delivered by one of their listed distributors Cannock Caravan Accessories . Can also buy from their website but if going via Quidco to eBay then a little bit of cashback (1%) & buyer protection.

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
UPDATE: Safefill Germany still out of stock but now stock in UK although design of bottles has changed so gas level is not so easy to see:
safefill-cylinder-images.png

The above are now available from Safefill UK - 10kg bottle is £182 delivered from them but £168 delivered by one of their listed distributors Cannock Caravan Accessories . Can also buy from their website but if going via Quidco to eBay then a little bit of cashback (1%) & buyer protection.

Cannock are down to 9 left after I just bought one! They were at 16 around this time yesterday.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Looks like UK Safefill stockists Cannock & Kenmore Caravans & Lodge Farm Leisure have stock atm as selling them on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...2.A0.H0.Xsafefill.TRS0&_nkw=safefill&_sacat=0 . Might get a better price calling them direct though & being sent Paypal invoice as they would have to pay selling fees if bought via eBay.
Safefill UK not selling direct anymore but stockists here http://www.safefill.co.uk/buy.html - if anyone rings around for best price & availability please post here as may help others.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back