WeDoDigital.co.uk Meos tv problem (1 Viewer)

rodgemx125

Free Member
Jul 15, 2010
Funster No
Just bought a 20" 12V tv tv from these people to replace afaulty one in my camper.
Item turned up next day and looked ok, turned it on and the DVD is faulty. Tried 10 different discs but it is definetley the machine.
If I want a TV to go on holiday with saturday I have to pay another £250 as it will take a week or so for a replacement if I send this one back!
Anyone had any experience with this company or these TV's?
Dont know if to get another meos or a differnt brand?
Thanks in advance!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just bought a 20" 12V tv tv from these people to replace afaulty one in my camper.
Item turned up next day and looked ok, turned it on and the DVD is faulty. Tried 10 different discs but it is definetley the machine.
If I want a TV to go on holiday with saturday I have to pay another £250 as it will take a week or so for a replacement if I send this one back!
Thanks in advance!

Send that back under distance selling regulations. Order a new one now.

OP
OP
R

rodgemx125

Free Member
Jul 15, 2010
Funster No
Send that back under distance selling regulations. Order a new one now.

Thanks for the reply, what is distance selling regulations?
You recomend another meos unit or another?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks for the reply, what is distance selling regulations?
You recomend another meos unit or another?

Never heard of meos and I've no recent TV purchases to guide you.

Distance selling regs - if you buy over internet etc you have a 7 day cooling down period from the day they arrive, to reject the goods for any reason. You pay return carriage and they can charge you the outward carriage but have to refund the rest in full. You just phone them and say you wish to return them/it because of quality reasons.

This is the quicker than going through dead-on-arrival procedures.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I have a Meos 20" TV with the dvd player and all the rest of it. Ive had it a couple of years now and it works perfectley. We bought ours from Ebay as a special offer, it came in slightly cheaper than wedodigital but its the same telly.

A lot of people reckon that the Avtex is a good telly.

Jim
:Smile:

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Never heard of meos and I've no recent TV purchases to guide you.

Distance selling regs - if you buy over internet etc you have a 7 day cooling down period from the day they arrive, to reject the goods for any reason. You pay return carriage and they can charge you the outward carriage but have to refund the rest in full. You just phone them and say you wish to return them/it because of quality reasons.

This is the quicker than going through dead-on-arrival procedures.

My understanding is they should also refund the carriage costs for getting the original to you - so it is 100% refund, you just pay to get it back to them. There was a recent article on TV where Next were running into trouble because they were only refunding the cost of the goods and not the carriage cost and this is not the way the law is supposed to be interpreted.

David

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
A lot of people reckon that the Avtex is a good telly.

I've not heard of Meos but have an Avtex and so far cannot fault it

I would always personally go for an Avtex just based on my experience with this one

Hope this helps:thumb:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Thanks in advance!

I bought a Meos DVD/TV from wedodigital. When the 240v power adaptor packed up they sent a new one the following day. If they are unable to get a replacement to you in time then get a full refund, including delivery and return costs, since it is not fit for purpose.

OP
OP
R

rodgemx125

Free Member
Jul 15, 2010
Funster No
I've not heard of Meos but have an Avtex and so far cannot fault it

I would always personally go for an Avtex just based on my experience with this one

Hope this helps:thumb:

Went to my local caravan shop and bought a 19" Avtex tv today, It was slightley more expensive than the meos but im very happy!
Hope it is straight forward getting a refund from wedodigital as they wanted to send a replacement unit.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
MEOS dvd problem.

Apparently you put the dvd in the other way round to what you would expect (Read it on another site) too late to help you I guess ?

Mitch

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
The manner in wich the disc is inserted is clearly marked on the telly ::bigsmile:
Jim
:RollEyes:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Went to my local caravan shop and bought a 19" Avtex tv today, It was slightley more expensive than the meos but im very happy!
Hope it is straight forward getting a refund from wedodigital as they wanted to send a replacement unit.

I also bought a 19" Avtex after extensive research on comparison sites etc.... blow me, the DVD player was faulty. I rang up their customer service helpline and the following morning it was collected by courier and the following morning it was delivered in perfect working order. OK it was a little more expensive but one of the positives I focussed on in my research was the perceived customer service. 100% correct and well worth that extra.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Avtex like everyone else is not immune from the odd problem the difference is they try their best to sort it out quickly and customer service is important to them

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
We just use a TV from Currys, £129 for a TV with DVD and freeview included, pop on a good 12V convertor and you are away. Works well for us. It needs to be a TV with a black box on the mains lead

stew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back