Smev 400 series (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I am working on the cooker at the moment, I need to give it a good clean and replace a thermal coupling. The problem is after removing the burners jet backing nuts the base plate still will not lift up and I can't see what is holding it.

I have searched the Smev sit but they don't show how to do it.

Any one got any ideas?

Doug...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Doug

I had a SMEV in the RV ... to get at the thermocouples I had to pull the cooker out and sit on a table .. as I recall the top is fixed to the sides with self tappers only accessible after pulling it out..
Of course your may be different, ours was quite old..

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Hi Doug

I had a SMEV in the RV ... to get at the thermocouples I had to pull the cooker out and sit on a table .. as I recall the top is fixed to the sides with self tappers only accessible after pulling it out..
Of course your may be different, ours was quite old..

Thanks Jim, I think you could be right, there looks to be 4 wood screws each side in the oven door and 2 each side in the grill door, bloody hell, will the van fall apart when I take that many out? I have spotted a couple of self tappers at the back of the grill that look like the could be holding the base plate that I want to remove.

I have still to trace the gas feed!!!

Gawrrd; what a nice friendly design.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks Jim, I think you could be right, there looks to be 4 wood screws each side in the oven door and 2 each side in the grill door, bloody hell, will the van fall apart when I take that many out? I have spotted a couple of self tappers at the back of the grill that look like the could be holding the base plate that I want to remove.

I have still to trace the gas feed!!!

Gawrrd; what a nice friendly design.

Doug...

Sounds the same as mine Doug, .. there was enough slack on my gas feed line to pull the cooker out without disconnecting but watch out for the 12v supply, I had to disconnect when I had the cooker partially out.. nearly ripped it out by mistake :roflmto:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Doug do not know if this is any good to you? have a look

Link Removed

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Doug do not know if this is any good to you? have a look

Link Removed

Thanks very much for that, I have seen this on another site and unfortunately there is no build schematics with it.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back