to all southwest funsters (2 Viewers)

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi all I have just become the southwest admin & will try & breathe some life into it if possible so what I am looking for is any input regarding get togethers mini meets anyone who knows of places to have small rallies maybe or just get togethers also any overnight stops in the southwest or campsites to recommend I will also try to put together any events happening down here so would love your input on this one there are also lots of fab places down here so lots of pics would be good I am looking at maybe a get together in the spring at the car park at Tintagle its about £4.00 per night & is right in the town next to a pub & fish & chip shop I know not all of you go to rallies but it would still be nice to hear some stories from you so for now happy travels & looking forward to hearing from you cheers Rod

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
That’s great @marrod23. Thanks for taking on this task.
Hi i don't really see it as a task we have so much to offer down here & this forum has lay dormont for so long so if its not rallies it would be great to pass on information to each other we have often thought when travelling around the southwest when we see motorhomes parked in drives whether they know how much there is out there to be enjoyed cheers Rod
Well done & thank you! Looking forward to potential get togethers closer to home (y)
If there are more meets & rallies then hopefully more Funsters will be tempted to travel down this way so far we have this one in Dorset https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...hlands-end-bridport-dorset-11-15-july.180950/ but would be great to have some in Devon & Cornwall too.
Hi would you be so kind as to put it on the southwest forum as per events i would be very grateful cheers Rod

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
I didn’t even realise there was a southwest forum!
Hi if you go onto the group forum you will find us on there & while we are on the subject can you all visit the forum from time to time to help keep it going looking forward to your response thanks & happy travels Rod

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi would you be so kind as to put it on the southwest forum as per events i would be very grateful cheers Rod
Hi - happy to post about this but can only find a Discussion section for SW Group so can post there but is there a Group Events section somewhere?

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Administrators on Fun?

Never knew there were such things...

Do they have clip boards and high viz jackets? :whistle:

JJ :cool:
High viz jackets you must have misread its funsters not caravan club we are known throughout Britain & not for all the right reasons be careful we could be heading to a field near you he!he! cheers Rod

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have to confess we do have a clipboard & hi viz when marshalling at rallies even at Fun & RVOC ones! :eek: They are proper official Motorhome Fun hi viz though! :nod:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all I have just become the southwest admin & will try & breathe some life into it if possible so what I am looking for is any input regarding get togethers mini meets anyone who knows of places to have small rallies maybe or just get togethers also any overnight stops in the southwest or campsites to recommend I will also try to put together any events happening down here so would love your input on this one there are also lots of fab places down here so lots of pics would be good I am looking at maybe a get together in the spring at the car park at Tintagle its about £4.00 per night & is right in the town next to a pub & fish & chip shop I know not all of you go to rallies but it would still be nice to hear some stories from you so for now happy travels & looking forward to hearing from you cheers Rod
We’de be interested in attending a Tintagel meet Rod. We always stay there on our trips down south. (y)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
I’m in Southwest Now (Cornwall Farm) . I hope I haven’t broken protocol by not checking in with you first. If you can get here quick we have all the paraphernalia to have a mini meet in the dishwashing block . Hi viz jackets, badges, MHF flag, orange electric fence posts, red&white tape, beer, gin and wine.
How far up the country does South West go?
:D

Last edited:

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Hi if you go onto the group forum you will find us on there & while we are on the subject can you all visit the forum from time to time to help keep it going looking forward to your response thanks & happy travels Rod
Ooh yummy, another forum.
Be careful in case that lot discussing the ^B^ word find it.

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
We could even bring some olive tree saplings Jim is busy cultivating some at this moment cheers Rod

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I was born in Somerset but have moved 8 miles into foreign parts and have been living in Dorset for the last 28 years. Both of these are in the Southwest although the most easterly bits are almost 'down south' but that's just confusing and they sound different, almost like Londoners. I have a 'Westcountry' accent, why don't I have a 'Southwest' one? It's all a bit of a mystery.

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
Haven't been to Tintagel for years. Would be interested if we aren't abroad when the meet is arranged. We are in Somerset.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back