LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I've just received notification from comfort about thefts in the area.
Hate to say it, but fairly well populated by our travelling friends.

Screenshot_20181120-163808_Gmail.jpg

Aug 6, 2018
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer BSL 704
Exp
Since 2004
I say well done to comfort for putting this alert out. Just reminds us all of the importance of taking care of our pride and joy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Too keen to post without checking for other threads on same subject

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Perhaps this is how our Swift was stolen off the drive sept 18, I was forunate to recover it an hour later with no damage to the locks or ignition.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Perhaps this is how our Swift Bolero was stolen off the drive sept 18, I was forunate to recover it an hour later with no damage to the locks or ignition.
Frightening as we live in Surrey also, not heard of any MH thefts round here, are you in The GU area?
Glad you got it back, bet you have now taken extra theft precautions?
Les

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Perhaps this is how our Swift Bolero was stolen off the drive sept 18, I was forunate to recover it an hour later with
Frightening as we live in Surrey also, not heard of any MH thefts round here, are you in The GU area?
Glad you got it back, bet you have now taken extra theft precautions?
Les

Hi Not in the GU area but not far off, lucky that we have a tracker which prooved to be succesfull, have since had vanbitz add bells & whistles to secure it.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I got an email too and I live in deepest Cornwall ...

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Boy am I becoming paranoid or what. For almost 30 years I worked shift most of which were nights so now I'm retired I have difficulty sleeping at night. In the light of all the publicity surrounding Fiat thefts I put a wifi camera in the M/h and because I am no longer a "spring chicken" I have recently purchased what can only be described as a lethal weapon, whether I could actually hurt someone or not....I don't know? at the moment physically it would not be a problem, mentally is a different question So my point is during my working life I spent most of my sleeping hours awake and most of my waking hours sleeping......and nowt's altered!! apart from the the Police now want us to intervene if they are being attacked:eek:

What the hells happening or is it just me..no no don't answer that;)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
I'm not afraid to say "thieving Gypsy bas****s:mad:.... that is where the trail usually begins and ends!!!!

Norfolk Nomad

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
It would appear that thieves now have the tools and ability to circumvent Fiat security, just as they have had for a number of years, with Fords. It was only a matter of time.

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Another email from Comfort Aviva have now another possible alarm as required . However Comfort told me it was only for M/H in that area.
Sounds like if someones trying to get there money back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back