Sherwood Caravan Storage Worksop (1 Viewer)

Simon Richardson

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
East bound & down.
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer 150 I
Exp
Full timing since Dec 2017
After really struggling to find someone with storage availability from this coming November we've had a handful of replies.

Anyone have their van there and have first hand experience as to how it is please.

www.sherwoodcaravanstorage.co.uk

Hi Shawn and Emma,

Did you go to Sherwood in the end and if so how is it and roughly what is the cost please? We are looking to relocate locally and are considering using them.

Many thanks.

OP
OP
shawn&emma
Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Hi Shawn and Emma,

Did you go to Sherwood in the end and if so how is it and roughly what is the cost please? We are looking to relocate locally and are considering using them.

Many thanks.

Hello Simon.

No didn't use them. Never had any feedback about them so went with someone nearer me hear in Kent.

I've just checked the emails correspondence with them, they quoted me £420 per year. Which was the cheapest I'd been quoted for our 10m van.

Their website looks good but see if you can get first hand reviews as another storage facility I'd been having correspondence with, in Sussex actually didn't exist they even wanted my money up front.
Unfortunately we where in Portugal whilst searching for somewhere so was unable to go check these place s out which I would recommend.

Hope you find somewhere suitable.

Shawn.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Sherwood Storage is about 5 miles from me, never had anything to do with them but the location is out of town on the B6045 (Worksop-Blyth road) junction with Hundred Acre Lane, it always seems very full and from memory all fenced off with a security gate and I think the guy who runs it lives in the house at the side of the security gate.

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
After really struggling to find someone with storage availability from this coming November we've had a handful of replies.

Anyone have their van there and have first hand experience as to how it is please.

www.sherwoodcaravanstorage.co.uk
there is one at retford ,pj

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jolak

Free Member
Nov 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 175
I know this is an old posting, but I'll add my comments for future reference for anyone thinking of storing at Sherwood.
I live in Nottingham, but can't find anywhere nearby at a reasonable cost, so I store at Sherwood as I started using them years ago when I lived closer to it.
I stored in France for a few years and went back to storing there since March 22 when I brought the caravan back to the UK.
It's 30 miles away, which is a pain, but I find it such a good storage site and the cost of £400.00 a year is reasonable in this day and age. That covers me for the 7.2 meter motorhome. For the much longer caravans and motorhomes, I believe the charge is £450.00. They also have some with EHU.
The access is excellent with a fob which operates the electric sliding gate. There are certain restrictions with access, but nothing unreasonable. The spaces give enough room for access unless you have a half wit next to you who can't park his caravan in a central position. This happened to me recently and I had a job to unwind my front corner steady on the caravan. I wasn't happy about using a space next to an inconsiderate knob so Mike, the Manager, immediately got me another space.
There are excellent washing facilities for a reasonable cost.The security is great. The couple who run it are very friendly and helpful. Various Engineers use the site. I recently had a problem with the caravan and Mike's wife sorted an Engineer to attend immediately.
The Manager will also sell your caravan (not sure about motorhomes) on site for a commission.
I would thoroughly recommend this storage facility, having used others who have been cheap and cheerful, but nowhere near as good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back