Exclusive 45% discount at care-a-van (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hello funsters ::bigsmile:

I have managed to secure an EXCLUSIVE deal for Funsters from care-a-van, the latest company to offer discounted prices to Funsters.

They are looking to offer one lucky Funster the chance to have their motorhome interior completely refurbished with a massive 45% discount!

The refurbishment includes full re-upholstery, curtains and/or blinds, carpets and/or vinyl flooring, new foam (if required) and a new mattress (if required).

The makeover will be filmed by the caravan channel and the lucky recipient will need to be filmed saying a few words about the company and service etc. (and mentioning Motorhomefun, of course :winky:::bigsmile:)

This offer needs to be taken up soon as filming will begin next week or at the latest the week after.

If you wish to be considered for the offer (which is EXCLUSIVE to Motorhomefun members) please contact Paul at Care-a-van either by email -Link Removed or by phone - 07772 697 981

Care-a-van will choose the lucky Funster and all negotiations will be with Care-a-van directly.

So if you fancy having your motorhome refurbished quickly and with a massive 45% off then contact Care-a-van for full details of this amazing deal and remember, it's EXCLUSIVE to Motorhome fun

Bryan
Administrator

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hello funsters ::bigsmile:

I have managed to secure an EXCLUSIVE deal for Funsters from care-a-van, the latest company to offer discounted prices to Funsters.

They are looking to offer one lucky Funster the chance to have their motorhome interior completely refurbished with a massive 45% discount!

The refurbishment includes full re-upholstery, curtains and/or blinds, carpets and/or vinyl flooring, new foam (if required) and a new mattress (if required).

The makeover will be filmed by the caravan channel and the lucky recipient will need to be filmed saying a few words about the company and service etc. (and mentioning Motorhomefun, of course :winky:::bigsmile:)

This offer needs to be taken up soon as filming will begin next week or at the latest the week after.

If you wish to be considered for the offer (which is EXCLUSIVE to Motorhomefun members) please contact Paul at Care-a-van either by email - paul@caravan.org or by phone - 07772 697 981

Care-a-van will choose the lucky Funster and all negotiations will be with Care-a-van directly.

So if you fancy having your motorhome refurbished quickly and with a massive 45% off then contact Care-a-van for full details of this amazing deal and remember, it's EXCLUSIVE to Motorhome fun

Bryan
Administrator
bump

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Bryan. I have put ours forward for treatment:Smile:

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Has anyone had any work done by this company ?
I have sent an email to them putting us forward for the makeover of our interior. So we will see if they get intouch.
We have finally saved up our pennies and were all set to have ours done at Regal furnishings. Due to several recommendations from fellow Motor homers.

How would the 45% off , compare to Regals price quoted to us i wonder?
We are wanting ours done sooner rather than later.
Have you had any of yours done by them Bryan ?
Bev

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
hi all
my van is booked in with them for 14th june which was pre ordered before this offer.
however after speaking to paul today he has had 1 or 2 offers from fellow funsters and will contact me monday regarding this offer and maybe choosing 2 motorhomes. depending on the caravan channels filming schedule..
regards
alan

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
NOTE - the e-mail address is paul@careavan.org

Phil

oops :Blush:
Thanks for that - I've edited the link in the OP.

If you have already used my link to email care-a-van then I suggest you email again using paul@caravan.org to make sure they get the message. If you are emailing after reading this then your email should get there anyway :Smile:

Bryan

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Did anyone actually win the 45% discount ??

We've just received and chosen the fabric from samples , for our motorhomes make over.
Due to be done in the six weeks holidays. Cant wait ::bigsmile:

We didn't "win" the 45% off make over unfortunately:cry:
but got a discount from Paul .

We were just wondering who did . :Blush:
Alan , DMS were you happy with the result ?? feel free to PM me if you like.
Bev

Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
Care a van discount

Hi
We got shortlisted - we were looking for some internal jobs to be done and had picked up their info from Stratford and contacted them when message came up.

We were told we had not won - so I asked what type of vehicle had - we have 34ft american rv. Paul could not remember but said we could have discount if we went ahead with up holstery etc.

So do not know who won or what type of vehicle

Cheers
Jaen

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Smells like a marketing ploy, sorry if that's sound cynical but have known to many kitchen and D/Glazing firms use similar, to get trade.

Olley

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

I get approached by the dodgy kitchen firms all the time too :Angry:h

Of course it's a marketing ploy :Smile: but whilst they get all the advertising on the caravan channel, one lucky funster is benefiting from a very good discount.

The 45% discount offer has been won but due to the caravan channel putting back the filming dates the work has not been done yet.

I have been in contact with both care-a-van and the lucky winners and as long as the work does get done and is discounted by 45% then all is well :thumb:

As soon as a date for the program airing has been decided upon I intend to publish it on here so that anyone interested can tune in :Smile:

And remember that care-a-van offer a 10% discount to all funsters. :thumb:

Bryan

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Of course it's a marketing ploy :Smile: but whilst they get all the advertising on the caravan channel, one lucky funster is benefiting from a very good discount.

The 45% discount offer has been won but due to the caravan channel putting back the filming dates the work has not been done yet.

The ploy is Bryan that you don't get a discount, you just think you do. They may be genuine, but in 99% of these ploys, they aren't. Kitchens Direct for example just inflate the price before giving you a discount. It could be the old "Show Kitchen" scam under a different name.

Olley

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
The ploy is Bryan that you don't get a discount, you just think you do. They may be genuine, but in 99% of these ploys, they aren't. Kitchens Direct for example just inflate the price before giving you a discount. It could be the old "Show Kitchen" scam under a different name.

Olley

I know what you mean...(you buy one, you get one free. I said - you buy one...etc. Got to be one the most annoying ads on TV ever :shout:)

I do take your point though and I'll have a word with the winners and see how the numbers stack up.

And if there has been any jiggery pokery I'll be straight on here to expose it :Smile:

(We had our van done by them before this offer was agreed :Doh:and we were quoted a good price compared to the main competitors so it should be obvious to me if an inflated price was given to the winners.)

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Que up all the profanaties say them all at once
I missed out they have a chosen one
ours desperatly needs doing
never mind
just can't manage the full price

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Is there a spot on the site were all fun discounts are listed please

while I am asking is there an interweb site for this company

mainly so I can see what part of the country they are in

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Has anyone had any work done by this company ?
I have sent an email to them putting us forward for the makeover of our interior. So we will see if they get intouch.
We have finally saved up our pennies and were all set to have ours done at Regal furnishings. Due to several recommendations from fellow Motor homers.

How would the 45% off , compare to Regals price quoted to us i wonder?
We are wanting ours done sooner rather than later.
Have you had any of yours done by them Bryan ?
Bev

Yes, we had our Bessy 760 refurbished by Regal, and we were well pleased with the outcome.

They:
Left us alone while we sorted through the stock fabrics and leathers, and affered to advise when we called them.

Having selected, they stiched a piece of fabric and leather togather, for us to trial in the m/h and wHen we said yes to our selection, they cut it in half, and the twwo stock materials were withdrawn from stock. We could have selected from a masive range of pattern books, but the time would be extended.

Next a price was agreed, and then a date.

We arrived and stayed at a local CL site the night before, and presented the m/h at 0800 hrs. We were then taken into the local town of Ilkeston, for the day, at about 1600 hrs we had a phone call, and a car collected us and returned us to Regal's premises.

They were delayed a little and we stayed the night at the factory unit, and the next morning we asked for a couple of points to be put right, which they did.

However, they do not do curtains or carpets, so its not a complete makeover, never the less, it was a good job. Others may be less expensive, but to complete the task in one day does need to be organised, and thats what you pay for.

Hope this helps

Nomadic

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Thanks everyone,
So there has been a " winner"::bigsmile:
Unfortunately not us:cry:
Oh well, the price we have been quoted is about the same as Regal. With a good discount thrown in on top. Everything is being done, all fabric , foam being changed for a more denser one to furniture,
all the curtains, nets/voile's , removable carpets and the cab seats.
Careavan dont do a day job , and that suits us fine as we dont want it rushing , theres a lot to do.
We have been told it will take 3 to 4 days. Just waiting for them to get back to us now with a date. Then its action stations .
Anyone else dealt with careavan ?
Of course we shall let everyone know how we go on. Might even put some before and after pics on ... if they throw some co-ordinating scatter cushions in !!
Bev

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Regal did a Rapido for us and well pleased with the result and I was spendng profit!:cry::cry::cry: Only did it to brighten up interior as it was 'marmalade' and a bit dull.

Strangely enough we had two the same and sold the 'marmalade' one and still got the redone one!

Peter

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
Careavan

Hello Funsters
Well Sorry its taken some time but we have had our van finally finished today by careavan seating, carpets, curtains, new foams, and a quality new mattress.
Am i happy i hear you say??? Yes the van looks superb now and at the fraction of a price of upgrading. And whats more is the WIFE is very happy :Smile: so all's good
just a quick thankyou then to paul and george at careavan...
Regards
Alan

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Is there a spot on the site were all fun discounts are listed please

while I am asking is there an interweb site for this company

mainly so I can see what part of the country they are in

Hi Tofo
just put "care a van" in your search engine / google and they will come up.
Thats all i did.
Bev

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hello Funsters
Well Sorry its taken some time but we have had our van finally finished today by careavan seating, carpets, curtains, new foams, and a quality new mattress.
Am i happy i hear you say??? Yes the van looks superb now and at the fraction of a price of upgrading. And whats more is the WIFE is very happy :Smile: so all's good
just a quick thankyou then to paul and george at careavan...
Regards
Alan

Thrilled for you - and so glad a funster got chosen. Looking forward to seeing the makeover when its finally aired on tv.

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

I'm pleased to let you know that the Funster chosen by CareAvan to have their motorhome re-furbished with the massive 45% discount is...

Mikamada

So congratulations to Kim and Adam, I can't wait to see the finished results ::bigsmile:

Bryan

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
I'm not jealous
HONEST:Blush: :ROFLMAO:

Bev

mikamada

Free Member
Apr 12, 2009
Funster No
Ok- we finalised details re the makeover today-the filming takes place mid Aug and we drop the van off on our way home from Malvern. Its all been a bit 'in the air' so its a great relief to have dates/final spec confirmed. CareAvan have been great-and I'm not just sayin that cos we 'won' the makeover. My initial concern was that it was just a ploy, but we had already had a competiteve quote from them. The resulting makeover includes loads more than we planned, and comes in at about the same as our origional quote with the 45% discount.:thumb:
I'm still not counting my chickens-natural reticence prohibits!!!! but i am allowing myself a modicum of excitement.:Smile:

I'll keep y'all posted-just don't wanna jinx the good fortune.

Kim

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Wow that's fabulous, never expected to see you two modelling in the pics though:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I don't think much of the bars on the windows though.................................:Eeek:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
It looks great doesnt it . I bet your realy pleased. What a brilliant transformation .
Wished we'd got the 45% off ( wheres the envy smiley when you need it :ROFLMAO:)
We took our motorhome to Careavan last Sunday , and were supposed to be picking it up Fri gone , but due to filming the Rv ours has been delayed somewhat .
It will be ready for us this Thursday , ready for our Bank holiday trip though .
If you look on the pics about 6 rows down 1st pic ,through the RV's window. You can see ours , behind it , with its MHF pennant flag on the back window.
Looking forward to seing the finished results, on ours. :thumb:
Bev

mikamada

Free Member
Apr 12, 2009
Funster No
It looks great doesnt it . I bet your realy pleased. What a brilliant transformation .
Wished we'd got the 45% off ( wheres the envy smiley when you need it :ROFLMAO:)
We took our motorhome to Careavan last Sunday , and were supposed to be picking it up Fri gone , but due to filming the Rv ours has been delayed somewhat .
It will be ready for us this Thursday , ready for our Bank holiday trip though .
If you look on the pics about 6 rows down 1st pic ,through the RV's window. You can see ours , behind it , with its MHF pennant flag on the back window.
Looking forward to seing the finished results, on ours. :thumb:
Bev
Sorry we caused a delay:Blush:-I wondered who we blocked in when I parked up!!! If the service we got is anything to go by-you'll be well pleased:thumb:.

kim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back