kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just had a service done on my Alde system. Excellent job.Highly recommended.

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi@CazPaul, it's on an industrial estate in wellingborough,Northampton.Arrived the day before,stayed in their secure car park (electric & water supplied)
Andy the customer service guy & Phil the main technician talked me through the different stages, even did a couple of mod cons free of charge.The heating on the van has never been better. First class.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
All done by Alde.Very much customer lead.(y)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Earlier this year the Alde system in a friends two years old caravan developed a serious leak. We were staying at Newark at the time & he was due to head off South for the rest of his holiday. He made an appointment to visit Alde en route to his next stop. What they found was that the van builder (Bailey) had fitted two pipe clips incorrectly (they were on the hose but clear of the pipe it was clamped to). They surmised that the initial unclipped seal had been adequate until time & van movement caused the leak. Alde replaced the hose & clips necessitating some dismantling of the van panel work. The system was flushed and refilled. Damaged carpets were removed and laundered. The work was completed within the day but a free night on their site was provided before my friend left. Total charge for fixing a fault not caused by Alde or their kit, cleaning the carpets, and an overnight stay? The best part of a days work for a couple of employees? Nothing - all given free of charge.

Reactions: kip
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Earlier this year the Alde system in a friends two years old caravan developed a serious leak. We were staying at Newark at the time & he was due to head off South for the rest of his holiday. He made an appointment to visit Alde en route to his next stop. What they found was that the van builder (Bailey) had fitted two pipe clips incorrectly (they were on the hose but clear of the pipe it was clamped to). They surmised that the initial unclipped seal had been adequate until time & van movement caused the leak. Alde replaced the hose & clips necessitating some dismantling of the van panel work. The system was flushed and refilled. Damaged carpets were removed and laundered. The work was completed within the day but a free night on their site was provided before my friend left. Total charge for fixing a fault not caused by Alde or their kit, cleaning the carpets, and an overnight stay? The best part of a days work for a couple of employees? Nothing - all given free of charge.
Now that's what you call good service!
Well done Alde. :clap2:

Richard.

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
This was my recent review from going to the Alde Service Centre in Northampton....

We have just arrived back from the Alde Servce Centre in Northampton and would like to share our positive experience.
Our Alde system had stopped circulating the Glyco and after attempts to try and clear what was thought to be an airlock we were advised to contact the Alde Service Centre.

A quick phone call and they had us booked in on their free overnight EHU and water car park pitch for them to start at 08.30 to assess and clear the blockage.

We arrived mid-afternoon the day before and the team - led by Phil - got on the front foot and started the work early to give themselves a head start on the morning slot.

Wiring and panel configuration checked, then a look at the one-way valve to confirm a blockage and crystallisation of the Glyco - likely cause confirmed that there was a voltage input to the Glyco.

The team gave us the bad news that this would take time and gave us our options - we took leave with you guys to fix and they kindly took Tanya and I to the station to get a train home.

Later that day we received a call to confirm they had found a convector screw that had been screwed into a live wire permitting the voltage into the Glyco. This was rectified but they wanted to remove the two year Glyco installed in the system on the produstion line and refill and check the system with the five year Glyco.

Booster heater, two convectors and a bleed point replaced, due to damage from the crystallisation and we got the call that our MoHo was ready.

The team picked us up from the station, talked us through what was done, showed the damaged parts and gave us insight to a new easier access drain bleed point they had installed and threw in a goodies back of Alde info and pens etc.

As our MoHo is still under warranty, no charge and they would deal with Hymer direct to resolve cost.

So, a great service and in four / five years I’ll be returning to these guys for a reflush and service.

So, if you are having pain with your Alde system that foxes your dealer, do seek these guys out.

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
From recent conversations I believe a service is c.£200 and the fluid is replaced with 5 year anti-freeze if they have not seen the van before.

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for that, was it expensive?
£200 all in.. includes flushing,refill & bleeding .They also raised the header tank in the wardrobe (fitted pipe extensions) as it was only marginally higher than the connector heater in the shower room. Did that free of charge .:)

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
No.. inc vat.(y)

Pretty sure ours was £199 plus vat but I don’t have the evidence to hand to back that up. If you’ve had it for £200 all in, even better.

Ian

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Pretty sure ours was £199 plus vat but I don’t have the evidence to hand to back that up. If you’ve had it for £200 all in, even better.

Ian
Got the invoice. £199.77. inclusive of VAT(y)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Wish Truma offered such customer service!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back