Selling canoes - where's the best place to list them? (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've got some canoes to sell (inflatables) but I'm not sure where the best place is to list ads for them. I've already put them on the 'Song of the Paddle' site, plus some of the general free ad websites, but wondered if anyone knew of canoe/kayak specific sites that it might we worth listing them on too.

:Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You can always put them on our classifieds pages. Not quite as big as Ebay but motorhome focused. We sell over a ÂŁ1,000,000 of stuff a year.

Oh and its free:thumb:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Okay - you asked ... I've got a few! :Blush:

Sorry it's a bit long winded!

They are all inflatable canoes/kayaks, single seaters, although it is possible to sit a child/small dog in the Solars and probably the Wetlines.

First, there's a Gumotex Solar 300 canoe in blue - it's the full Nitrilon version weighing 11kg - it was bought 2 weeks ago :Doh: (new from shop) and used only once. Nitrilon is a very tough rubberised material and takes a lot of stick (see below). This is a brilliant canoe, very easy to inflate and use, very stable and nippy on the water. Comes with rucksack. Asking ÂŁ250 ono.

"Nitrilon® The ultimate tough canoe / kayak range. The bladders are constructed from a UV resistant rot proof polyester mesh coated with a rubber mixture on the inside and Nitrile rubber on the outside. Superb rip-stop characteristics, and simply wipe dry at the end of a day’s paddling."

Second, I've got a Gumotex Solar 1 canoe in red/grey - it’s a newer and lighter design of Solar being classed as one of their 'lighter' products, it weighs only 9kg, being part Nitrilon (outer where it really matters), and part LitePack material (the inner of the side tubes and floor, to reduce the weight) - see below. It has been used twice. Yet another brilliant canoe, easy to inflate, use, stable, nippy. Again, with rucksack. Asking £250 ono.

"Lite-pack® Models are a tough range , yet with very light weight. The bladders are constructed from a UV resistant rot proof polyester mesh coated with a rubber mixture on the inside. This has a good rip-stop characteristic and gives a nice soft feel to the kayaks interior."

Next I've also got some Gumotex Helios 1 canoes - brand new and boxed (full Nitrilon) - I've got a green and a blue one. Usually cost ÂŁ400, looking for ÂŁ330 ono each - usually ÂŁ400. Each has a large storage area behind the backrest for extended trips and storage nets. Weight 13.5kg.

We're only selling the Solars as we very unexpectedly were able to get the Helios 1 canoes at a good price (that's why we'd only recently bought the Solars as we weren't expecting to get the others! :shout: - hey ho, that's life!). The Solars are great and, had we not had the opportunity to get the Helios 1 canoes, we'd have been more than happy to keep them ourselves.

Anyway in addition to getting the Helios 1 canoes for ourselves, as we got a better price if we bought a few, we got a couple more for our friends before they were all snaffled up, but our friends have now decided that canoeing isn't for them (silly people)! :Doh: Hence them being for sale now.

I've also got some life jackets/buoyancy aids, pumps, and a paddle too. Gotta clear stuff out in case we sell the bungalow ... don't want to have to take everything with me if we do!!!:whatthe:

If you want more info/pictures etc please email me on: piggywiz@gmail.com, or ring my hubby on 07533 040891.

Nearly forgot ... we can post a canoe in mainland UK for ÂŁ5 (fringe benefit through work!).

I'll now do as Jim suggests and list them in the classifieds too ... thanks Jim, I wasn't sure if I could.:Smile:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
We have a Gumotex Helios II, and have to say it is a great boat, we take it out on open sea but not choppy seas.

Its robust and is okay for people upto 200kg.

We have had such fun with it so would highly recommend Gumotex boats.

Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I must admit we've drooled over the Helios for a while now but just couldn't get them for a reasonable price so when we got the chance we jumped at it!

Gumotex make a fantastic product don't they. We used to have a Gumotex Palava a few years ago, it took us both and 3 dogs without a problem ... we only changed to singles to stop the arguments!!!:Blush:

Attachments

• Gumotex Palava resized.JPG
    Gumotex Palava resized.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 20

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back