Motorhome & PVC Modding - Accessories & Discount Codes (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Kettles again: We bought one of these a couple of years ago.

61u4DWmYuZL._SY355_.jpg

It's a combined teapot & kettle. Brimming with original thought I call it the Tettle
Clever idea & design - like the name too :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Another new toy has just arrived from Germany :nod: that we ordered five days ago - the Stopsy http://wohnmobil-caravan-zubehoer-s...y-Tuerstopper-Kastenwagen-Schiebetuer::1.html
Not cheap but know a few Funsters who have this & rate it highly so we contacted the manufacturer who agreed a 10% discount code for members 10MHfun2018 which will be valid until the end of December so maybe an ideal Xmas present for your van too?!

1_0.jpg

1.jpg

This is to add an extra additional stainless steel stop point for the sliding door on van conversions - much as we love the door wide open on sunny days there are times when we just want it partially open & tried the tennis ball in the runner trick suggested on the forum but doesn't work well enough especially when on a slope so wanted this as a more effective solution.
This small manufacturing company also make a stainless steel drip guard "Regsy" for over the door but they are unable to post that to the UK.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Photo from web of Stopsy fitted:

LudwigII_32_Bildgr%C3%B6%C3%9Fe%20%C3%A4ndern.JPG

Will add photos of ours once we get around to doing it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
This is to add an extra additional stainless steel stop point for the sliding door on van conversions

Interesting....

How does this work @Wombles ?

Going by the pictures I bond this at a chosen location in the top runner of the door frame, then I open the door and slide it back. When it gets to this point it stops opening and just sits there?

Can I pull the handle again to then open the door fully? and similarly simply pull the handle to release from the mid-open point and bring the door closed?

Does it have to be dead-centre in the top runner channel? Or could I bond it at the 3/4 point for example?

Sorry for all the questions :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Interesting....

How does this work @Wombles ?

Going by the pictures I bond this at a chosen location in the top runner of the door frame, then I open the door and slide it back. When it gets to this point it stops opening and just sits there?
Yes

Can I pull the handle again to then open the door fully? and similarly simply pull the handle to release from the mid-open point and bring the door closed?
Yes

Does it have to be dead-centre in the top runner channel? Or could I bond it at the 3/4 point for example?
Can position wherever it suits you best & fits

Sorry for all the questions
No worries - we like questions :)
Have answered your questions as we understand it with replies above but we haven't fitted ours yet so perhaps @gerry mcg @Box Boy @big bertha :hi: could advise further as they all come up in forum searches as having had Stopsy?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks @Wombles , looks like I shall be having a word with Santa for a stocking filler this year ;)
(y)
For anyone thinking of buying the Stopsy from Germany or anything else from abroad - as well as using a credit card that is zero rated for charges if using Paypal (we do for Buyer Protection) then make sure you click & change it to paying in Euros for your card rate as the Paypal which it defaults to is not competitive. Alternatively just use a credit card but no protection under £100. Found dealing with the manufacturers of Stopsy absolutely fine & very responsive to emails but that is not always the case when buying abroad.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
we contacted the manufacturer who agreed a 10% discount code for members 10MHfun2018 which will be valid until the end of December

Thanks for the code @Wombles I've just used it :D2

FYI anyone else who may be a bit baffled by the shopping experience in German, the "Coupon Code" box is hidden on their web site. Once I'd created an account first, the coupon box then appeared on my "cart" page.

Confusingly, when you enter the code a red warning box appears at the top:

2018-11-08_115624.jpg

I assumed it hadn't worked, turns out that when translated it worked just fine :rolleyes:

As you continue through to the checkout you'll then see the code gets applied in a later step:

2018-11-08_120108.jpg

Thanks again @Wombles (y)(y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks for the code @Wombles I've just used it :D2

FYI anyone else who may be a bit baffled by the shopping experience in German, the "Coupon Code" box is hidden on their web site. Once I'd created an account first, the coupon box then appeared on my "cart" page.

Confusingly, when you enter the code a red warning box appears at the top:

View attachment 266194

I assumed it hadn't worked, turns out that when translated it worked just fine :rolleyes:

As you continue through to the checkout you'll then see the code gets applied in a later step:

View attachment 266195

Thanks again @Wombles (y)(y)
Thank you for the info. (y) - I will add a short guide below too that I have now also added to the main Stopsy thread.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Here's a simple guide to ordering Stopsy as it is a bit confusing especially as @RogerThat mentioned when the confirmation that the discount code is applied comes up in red but translates as that it has been applied!

1. Website link http://wohnmobil-caravan-zubehoer-s...y-Tuerstopper-Kastenwagen-Schiebetuer::1.html
2. Click on Ind Den Warenkorb to add to basket which then also takes you to the checkout page.
3. Copy & paste or type discount code 10MHfun2018 in the box in this section on the web page down below the Paypal button then on Gutschein einlosen to apply it

Ihr Guthabenkonto
Gutschein/Coupon
erfolgreich eingelöst, ... Details zu Ihrem Gutschein/Coupon

Sie haben einen Gutschein/Coupon erhalten, und möchten ihn gerne einlösen?

Gutschein-/Couponcode:

4. A red message will flash up & if it says this it means the code has been applied:
"Ihr Coupon wurde erfolgreich eingebucht und wird bei Ihrer Bestellung automatisch eingelöst"
5. Click on Paypal checkout button - as mentioned above ideally use a credit card that is zero rated for charges then make sure you click & change it to paying in Euros for your card rate as the Paypal which it defaults to is not competitive. Checkout total should look like this:

Produkte Artikelnummer Anzahl Preis Summe
1_0.jpg

Stopsy © Türstopper Kastenwagen Schiebetür »Details ST1000 1 34,95 EUR 34,95 EUR
Zwischensumme: 34,95 EUR
Rabatt Coupons 10MHfun2018: -3,50 EUR
Versandkosten nach Zonen (Versand nach: GB : 3 kg): 15,00 EUR
inkl. MwSt. 19%: 5,02 EUR
Summe: 46,45 EU

That should be it & you will get email confirmation of your order. We got ours in 5 days & it was Signed For post.

Hope that helps all those who have messaged us about this or who are planning on ordering.

Last edited:

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
How does it actually work Karen? Am I right in thinking that the "door roller" simply rolls over one of the raised bars, (sleeping policeman), and than sits between the 2 raised bars? Then, to close the door you push the roller over one of the bars?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
How does it actually work Karen? Am I right in thinking that the "door roller" simply rolls over one of the raised bars, (sleeping policeman), and than sits between the 2 raised bars? Then, to close the door you push the roller over one of the bars?
That's how we understand it too (y) but not fitted it yet to try it out - hopefully those Funsters on the forum who already have it fitted can confirm this. Have met quite a few motorhomer on rallies & trips who have had this fitted & love it but they are not necessarily ones on the forum.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Looking at it IMV it wouldn't be difficult to make a 'double bump' plate myself of some sort myself ... I've had a look at other people's take on this and some simply use a piece of flat alloy and cut a slot in it then file the 2 ends of the plate and the slot to form little 'ramps', this allows the top roller to glide over the end of the place and drop into the slot ... might have a go if I get time before we depart on Saturday!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No diagram but some images of what others have done which I think are self explanatory:

24679-a267afdf93067fd2d4c660c64e0832de.jpg
24680-610c809109ea0a812b2bb48bc78a2ac6.jpg
24686-98bfa9d9940ea2a915f192f7b55d2b2d.jpg
download.jpg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just remembered that the front cab mats that we have fitted are also from Germany! :roflmto: Our PVC is left hand drive & came with some carpet mats but prefer rubber ones that can be wiped clean & not surprisingly we had trouble finding LHD versions from UK sellers so bought these Omac ones https://www.ebay.de/itm/192450716146 for €34.90 including delivery. They are in two sections & fit quite well after a little trimming around the captain seat bases & are a rubber & vinyl mix so no rubbery smell. Like the raised edge as well which should help contain any liquids like spilt coffee or melted snow.

DSCF7784.JPG

DSCF7785.JPG

Just a tiny bit needed trimming off & easy to cut with scissors - the cut edge tucks under the seat bases so looks neat. Best to cut off less than looks necessary & do more gradually whilst trying it in position & suddenly it's just the right fit & snug enough not to move at all.

DSCF7783.JPG

Last edited:

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Installed the 'Stopsy'. Quite easy. It can be placed anywhere on the top rail. Ours is set for one person to get in or out but can be shorter to aid drafts for cooking etc. It works well also if on a slight slope but you lose the smooth run when fully open/shut. A little noisey too and a bit expensive after postage & packing.
Brian

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Installed the 'Stopsy'. Quite easy. It can be placed anywhere on the top rail. Ours is set for one person to get in or out but can be shorter to aid drafts for cooking etc. It works well also if on a slight slope but you lose the smooth run when fully open/shut. A little noisey too and a bit expensive after postage & packing.
Brian
Thank you for the feedback (y)

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Thanks @Box Boy

I was wondering what effect this would have on the closing ability of the door?

My door weighs an absolute ton and I need a serious runup to get it to shut.

If I hold the handle while sliding the door, will it glide past the Stopsy, or will it still latch on?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks @Box Boy

I was wondering what effect this would have on the closing ability of the door?

My door weighs an absolute ton and I need a serious runup to get it to shut.

If I hold the handle while sliding the door, will it glide past the Stopsy, or will it still latch on?
I had a shuftie at my camper door today and the top roller is just that and only goes front to back along the track, it's the bottom that has the catch on which is moved in/out when you pull the handle ... I tried to lift the door a little and there was no way I could so I'm not sure if something which makes the roller 'jump' up and down will be good in the long term ... I'll probably put a block in the bottom runner as I did on the previous camper ...

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...sliding-door-midway-stop.173478/#post-2798145

I also moved the existing 'stopper' for the sliding door further back too, to allow the door to open more fully:

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...-door-stop-repositioning.177731/#post-2884207

https://globecarcampscoutinfo.yolasite.com/

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Thanks @Wombles , looks like I shall be having a word with Santa for a stocking filler this year ;)

My Stopsy arrived yesterday, so only five days or so from the point of ordering (y)

I've got some very thin sticky number plate pads (3M) which I'll use first so I can test and work out the best place to perma-fit the Stopsy.

Alas, work and family commitments mean I won't be able to do this until the weekend after next. At which point it will probably be raining :rolleyes:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've been experimenting with my own version of a Stopsy :D ... more appropriately a 'Clipsy' as I've used a medium sized fold-back clip with the 'arms' removed which I have put this on the runner for the door (see below) and this seems to do the trick; the clip is thin so may not stop the door if on a very steep angle but I do have a thicker one to use instead if needs be. I can easily move the clip if I want to in order to get the correct placement (I just put the arms back on it) or remove it altogether.

DSCF5218.JPG
DSCF5220.JPG

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I've been experimenting with my own version of a Stopsy :D ... more appropriately a 'Clipsy' as I've used a medium sized fold-back clip with the 'arms' removed which I have put this on the runner for the door (see below) and this seems to do the trick; the clip is thin so may not stop the door if on a very steep angle but I do have a thicker one to use instead if needs be. I can easily move the clip if I want to in order to get the correct placement (I just put the arms back on it) or remove it altogether.

View attachment 267774 View attachment 267775
I find a nice wine bottle cork in one of the round holes in the frame under the door, sorry too dark outside for a photo, does the trick for me!

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
I too have been looking at this. I have several strong magnets covered in plastic. Putting one in front or behind of the top runner does the trick perfectly. Furthermore, being covered in plastic means no scratches and they are simply stored on the metal part of the inside of the door so easy to get at and utilise.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I can confirm that the 'clipsy' works very well, I've put a small piece of lolly stick under it to raise it slightly and it works even better. However, I like Ludo's trick and happen to have a very long thin magnet with me which I had stuck to the dog gate when fettling and never removed it ... the magnet was expensive though although we have had it a very long time ... it was part of one of those 'snake oil' magnetised clamp things that you're supposed to put over the fuel pipe which allegedly made the fuel better and engine more efficient ... yes I know it is total b*llocks now but this was back in the 90s and we were new to motorhoming! :X3: I do have 2 more of them at home and I have to say they are very useful ... when hubby accidentally tipped my box of assorted screws over it made picking them up much easier although it didn't help sorting them back in to the right size/sort!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Do like a few security products to deter thieves - the Clutch Claw is easy to carry & to take on & off plus this weekend it's down to £86.19 delivered with two discount codes that both work so double discount https://www.nkgroup.co.uk/product/clutch-claw-in-car-security-device/ FRIDAY & MHMADNESS which makes it £86.19 delivered (normally around £100). We have used this pedal lock on two motorhomes & a car so far as can be readjusted to fit different vehicles which takes about 30 minutes.

Boxer-2-400x300.jpg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Our grilles have arrived from Zunsport today with quick delivery via Parcelforce - not sure Mr Wombles has time to fit them today but they look great so far & simple fitting instructions.

IMG_20181130_145312724_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181130_145602167.jpg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Mr Wombles did get the grille set fitted yesterday & took this photo before we lost the light - here it's almost done apart from the four small black fixing screws for the large section:
Before
IMG_20181130_151543238_HDR.jpg

After

IMG_20181130_154851236_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries