Fiamma EBike replacement rails. (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
We have EBikes and have seen on web EBike replacement rails. I know about the Weight difference, But wondering if anyone has changed theirs.

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Changed mine from the standard rail supplied with fiamma rack to ebike rails they are about 100mm longer to allow for the extra length on a ebike.
Easy job just a couple of bolts to undo and tighten.

OP
OP
Masman
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Changed mine from the standard rail supplied with fiamma rack to ebike rails they are about 100mm longer to allow for the extra length on a ebike.
Easy job just a couple of bolts to undo and tighten.
Cheers Kelv. Will look into them.Ive seen John cross do them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We never changed our standard rails when we got our Ebikes, (Kalkhof Aguttu's which are longer than standard push bikes) The Ebikes still fit on with a couple of inches spare either end of the rails. Have you measured your wheel centres to see if you need to change ?

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
We never changed our standard rails when we got our Ebikes, (Kalkhof Aguttu's which are longer than standard push bikes) The Ebikes still fit on with a couple of inches spare either end of the rails. Have you measured your wheel centres to see if you need to change ?
I have 2 kalkhof ebikes one did fit on the rail but the other one was border line so I decided to change the rails so yes I agree it is worth measuring your wheel centres.
I was told when buying the rails that they where a bit more robust than the standard rail to allow for extra weight but when they arrived not a lot of difference.

OP
OP
Masman
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Two new rails fitted. A lot better fit.wheel chocks are a lot better and with E Bike having bigger tyres the bikes definitely stand better on the rack.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Same bikes: we never changed the rails the seemed to work okay but ours were the 46in wheels - if you have the largest would consider upgrading the rail but again otherwise fine.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We never changed our rails and have not encountered any problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back