Gas fitting system (1 Viewer)

Old camper

Free Member
Nov 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Clas
Hello
I have bought a camper van conversion and I need to do the gas connections from the gas propane 6Kgs bottle to the fridge, cooker, heating :cold: and water heater. Is there anyone that know's someone in Wakefield area that would fit this? :pray:
Thanks in advance

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not quite sure what you mean ... does it have a gas locker with a regulator in it?

OP
OP
Old camper

Old camper

Free Member
Nov 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Clas
Not quite sure what you mean ... does it have a gas locker with a regulator in it?
The gas locker is there, what I need is all the gas pipes to connect to the 4-way gas valve and another tube to connect to the regulator. :think: I need all the pipes and (installation) from the bottle to the fridge, cocker, heating and water heater. I don't have any gas pipes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Google " gas fitters" in your area and find one who is certificated in LPG gas fitting.. explain what you need and get quotes from at least two companies.. also tell them you require an LPG test certificate on completion.

From what you say and require.. it's at least four hours work plus materials.. not sure of fitter rates these days.. but I wouldn't expect much change out of £300 .. don't quote me , that may be way off the mark.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Sounds to me like the conversion has been built back to front or it was never intended to have gas.
most if not all of the apliances will need to be removed and re fitted, routing of the pipes may be seriously hampered by other fixtures and fittings
4 hrs if you dont mind pipes running down centre of you gangway floor,
should have really been done in the early stage of the build.
As some one who under takes this kind of work i would be reluctant to give a quote, but would estimate one to two days work in a van that had already been fitted out like you suggest yours has and hope a day and a bit would see it done
Good luck.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
There is a merchant in Huddersfield who keeps LPG pipe and fittings. If your competent in DIY and can set up a system to check for anyleaks, it is doable. Will check out supplier details and pm u

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The pipe and fitting are available at any BQ 8mm is often used

OP
OP
Old camper

Old camper

Free Member
Nov 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Clas
Sounds to me like the conversion has been built back to front or it was never intended to have gas.
most if not all of the apliances will need to be removed and re fitted, routing of the pipes may be seriously hampered by other fixtures and fittings
4 hrs if you dont mind pipes running down centre of you gangway floor,
should have really been done in the early stage of the build.
As some one who under takes this kind of work i would be reluctant to give a quote, but would estimate one to two days work in a van that had already been fitted out like you suggest yours has and hope a day and a bit would see it done
Good luck.

When I built the caravan the furniture was placed in order to give passage the pipes, ample space, there is no impediment to the pipes. I would like that was a professional to do the work because with the gas we have to be sure that a secure work is done. Thanks

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
No criticism intended your van your plan, you do things your way
Threading pipework through and around furniture can and often does cause more problems than are necessary it's not exactly like thread wires far from it
Im merely pointing out the usual order of things some Motor home builders put the carpet in first then wires and pipes then lastly furniture
its easier that way, straying from the norm will usualy make a simple job difficult more time consuming and as a result more expensive.
You are right to seek professional help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back