A quicky for Geo? (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
MOT question, not on the van but my Jeep Wanglers airbag warning light has been coming on occationally, MOT issue or not?

Now before anyone jumps up and down re safety, I'm confident it's my side and a wiring issue, or widget under the wheel so it's me at risk. I moved the wheel possition (up down adj) and that had the light come on for a bit but at the weekend it was on and off like the bloomin indicators, we were off 'laneing' so hardly supprising.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
No not an MoT issue
Advise only
But decidedly Doddgy. Dodgy:RollEyes:
It may go off in your face
Can you turn off the airbag system
or manually disconect it if you know the routine
Geo

OP
OP
Dodgey
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Fuse box has both driver and passenger fuses clearly marked so easy to disarm mine, yup usuall take battery off for 10 mins then bugger about, that said I'm paranoid so tend to leave for half an hour.

I didn't want to mess unless it went permanent as I need to have the wheel off in a while as the indicator stalk plays up on left turns, wheel needs a wiggle to get the indicator on if I'm driving in a straight line and doesn't self cancel, right turns fine. Then there is the, I want to change the steering wheel. The standard ones horrid to drive so I want either to see if I can get it trimmed in leather (moulded plastic is the standard) or get a leather one from the States, and being on the lazy side I prefere to do all in one hit, though I have a horrid feeling I'm going to have to replace the indicator stalk assembly, and whilst buying a new wheel appeals the stalk doesn't:Angry:

Cheers for the info:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I would disconect asap
Any good accident recovery driver will tell you "never" get in the drivers seat when the air bag has gone off:RollEyes:
Its usualy very wet:Eeek:
Geo

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
It's American - what do you expect....................?

* hides behind sofa *

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
It's American - what do you expect....................?

* hides behind sofa *

Oh about 12 mpg, built like a tank with every mod con you could ever wish for, a really good payload, maybe a couple of slide outs and automatic transmission.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back