LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Can we use our Virgin XL TV package (which includes Sky and BT Sports) via the Internet whilst in Beni?

I apologise if this question has been asked before, and if anyone can point me to any relevant thread i'd be grateful. I've installed the Virgin TV Go app, but I think it only works in the UK.

@RobGriff - I've forgotten what the piece of kit you recommended is called - a reminder would be good!

Bird watching, scrabble playing, book reading Funsters need not reply - I do all three, but we will be in Beni for six weeks, and if we can make use of our Virgin Subscription, we will! ;)(y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Sorry Geraldine, we aren't able to answer your question. We'll be using TV apps whilst on site WiFi in Benicassim, and the TV connection on the EHU boxes whilst at Villasol. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry Geraldine, we aren't able to answer your question. We'll be using TV apps whilst on site WiFi in Benicassim, and the TV connection on the EHU boxes whilst at Villasol. :)

Cheers,

Thanks Jock. That sounds good. I've told Cliff he'll have to try and find a bar that is showing Premiership football while we're there - few and far between I know, but where there's a will........;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011

Cheers,

Jock, is the TV signal on the pitches analogue in Villasol? If so you'll need a TV that has an analogue tuner. Ask @Sheddy , he'll know.
Finding a bar in Benidorm showing football, probably harder to find one not showing footy :wasntme:

Last edited:
OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Jock, is the TV signal on the pitches analogue in Villasol? If so you'll need a TV that has an analogue tuner. Ask @Sheddy , he'll know.
Finding a bar in Benidorm showing football, probably harder to find one not showing footy :wasntme:
I'm here at home looking for Spanish classes in Beni Mike - I know Cliff's sorted footie wise, but I'm determined to learn something while I'm there - not had much luck - been guided towards Duolingo - did the test and feel happy to be rated higher than a beginner! Of course that's on a written test - my verbal skills, as we all know, leave a lot to be desired - and that's en englese, let alone espanol!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I'm here at home looking for Spanish classes in Beni Mike - I know Cliff's sorted footie wise, but I'm determined to learn something while I'm there - not had much luck - been guided towards Duolingo - did the test and feel happy to be rated higher than a beginner! Of course that's on a written test - my verbal skills, as we all know, leave a lot to be desired - and that's en englese, let alone espanol!

You’ll be hard pressed to find anyone that speaks Spanish in Benidorm Geraldine....:LOL:

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
You can use all your Virgin package in Spain no problem.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Under new EU portability rules (until Brexit!), that cam einto effect earlier this year, you can use apps for UK TV subscription services in the EU...for a limited time. For SkyGo, this is 35 days, and then the devices has to be reconnected to a UK IP address, and then your time is reset. I would assume this is the same for Virgin mobile app also. This rule is designed for short stay. For longer stays, you will need to run a VPN/SmartDNS service to hide your Spanish IP when using a UK TV apps over the time limit.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
I believe all the bars in Benidorm are closed for 2 months from Jan 19th 2019 to prepare for B***s*it.
For the same reason there will also be no WiFi and no entertainment, but I have heard the supermarkets will still be selling beer, but not Cava Rosada or Toffee Vodka. :rofl:

That aside, If you can bring your own mifi with sufficient data and speed it would probably be better than the site WiFi which seems to be unreliable.
The site bar now shows the footy it has 2 separate TVs for different games. Other bars are available with cheaper refreshment within easy walking distance.(y)
The site TV I believe is still analogue you will need a normal TV lead to connect up but get the guy who does your hookup to plug you in as the connection is in the same locked box as the leci meters.
Looking forward to seeing you guys, take care.
Cheers
Ed

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Jock, is the TV signal on the pitches analogue in Villasol? If so you'll need a TV that has an analogue tuner.
Yes analogue Mike. We'll be using the same TV with it's digital & analogue tuner we used earlier this year, via a lengthy coaxial cable. (y)

Cheers,

P.S. I typed this out early this morning, but obviously didn't press the enter button. :doh:

Cheers,

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
@JockandRita @Sheddy does the TV lead need a female co-ax connection to the site box and a 90 degree is better than an in line? I know I had to change my UK cable end at Villasol.
Never used it Mike, but I'm sure Jock will have the answer, knowing this place it could be any one, worth carrying a couple of adaptors me thinks
Chewers
Ed
Edit: Locals say there are both in the box, marked TV and Radio, both work as TV outlets.

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
@JockandRita @Sheddy does the TV lead need a female co-ax connection to the site box and a 90 degree is better than an in line? I know I had to change my UK cable end at Villasol.
Satellite type female screw connection (inline) into the box Mike, and inline or angled male push fit into the telly.

HTH. (y)

Edit. When are you and Pauline likely to be there Mike? :)

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
Agreed Garry, I know the basics, so maybe I should be looking for uke groups instead.....
no just a plonker ha ha,steady now raise the right hand, down you go, best wishes.pj

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back