Free Member
Oct 31, 2018
Perth western australia
Funster No
MH
Rv motorhome
Exp
Feb 2018
Hi new today to this community and looking for any advice on travelling thru Morocco. I was broken into two weeks ago in sintra Portugal so am now very nervous. Would love to have the names of or gps co ordinates of excellent and safe camp sites. Thanks and happy travels. Gypsy barbie

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi @Gypsy barbie and :welcome4: to the Fun

Morocco is a favourite with many Funsters and there is a lot of info available. Probably the first thing to do is search for the "Morocco 2016" thread (there's been one every year for the last few but I think 2016 is the best) and you will find lots of info about travelling in Morocco. Then go to the "Resources" section (dark blue bar at the top of the page) and download my article on Taking a Motorhome to Morocco for the ins and outs.

The "Morocco 2019" thread is now up and running so if you've got any questions that would be the best place to ask them.

Just for a start though, November/December are the wet months in the country and you need to take care if going anywhere away from the main routes. It's not uncommon for roads and bridges to be washed away in the sudden flash floods and although the routes are usually reopened it's usually a very temporary "diversion" which may be unsuitable for an ordinary motorhome. Late January and February are much better in this respect.

Good luck and maybe we'll come across each other - we plan to travel there late January.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Don't forget your green card. Legal requirement in morocco.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi new today to this community and looking for any advice on travelling thru Morocco. I was broken into two weeks ago in sintra Portugal so am now very nervous. Would love to have the names of or gps co ordinates of excellent and safe camp sites. Thanks and happy travels. Gypsy barbie

Appreciate you are not in the UK .. but they may post to you ..

we toured Morocco in 2007..

campsite guide

the Lonely Planet, useful guide to find places to visit .. https://www.lonelyplanet.com/morocco

Michelin Map 742 , this is essential ..

Campercontact also useful ..

sorry to hear about your break in.. it can be very upsetting.. Morocco a lovely country and as safe as anywhere in Europe.. perhaps safer, just take the normal security precautions.

I though the biggest hazard was the standard of driving which leaves much to be desired...

Jan 23, 2016
Northern ireland
Funster No
MH
C class kontiki
Exp
4 years
Anyone heading over in Feb and is there still a deal on for ferry from that guy at the place near Lidle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Anyone heading over in Feb and is there still a deal on for ferry from that guy at the place near Lidle

You'd be better posting on the "Morocco 2019" thread. Anyone interested or going post there so you may get a favourable response.

Voyages Normandie is the agent offering deals. Personally haven't been in touch but another Funster has - report is on the other thread.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Don't forget your green card. Legal requirement in morocco.
Hi Sue,
Have you had a quote for a green card for Morocco recently, I am insured with Comfort and when I enquired 2 weeks ago they quoted me £261.70 just for the green card, last time I went to Morocco was 3 years ago,and then and for 4years prior to that they were charging me £17, I was a bit shocked at this years price it’s nearly 50% of what they quoted me for my policy renewal, be interesting to hear what others are paying for a green card for 3 months and who their insurer is. gwyntaxi.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Answered comprehensively on Morocco 2019 thread

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun