Alde Heating Slide Control - Anyway to modernise? (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Quite a while.....though not long enough
Hi,

We've just got a new to us van, that has an Alde Compact 3000 System fitted with the older style controller with the slider switches (see image below).

Is there anyway, eiither officially or via a "hack" that I can modernise this slightly to a digital or touch screen controller? (or Danfoss - I found a link to a TP5000-RF but it looks like it doesn't replace the existing control, but adds a programmable room stat to it)

Thanks in advance.

Slider control
156476746-origpic-b34fcc.jpg

Last edited:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
It might be possible - someone a bit more techy-geek will no doubt be along to advise. But I had the older controller just like yours combined with a Danfoss programmer (hard-wired not RF) and it worked very well indeed. :)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have you tried asking Alde themselves?
They may have compatible modern controls

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Have you tried asking Alde themselves?
They may have compatible modern controls

Hi,

I rang them earlier but I got a recorded message, saying that the lines are closed for dinner till 14:00 - and obviously I completely forgot to ring back, lol

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes you can add the TP5000 to the Alde slider controller but you are right it doesn't replace it, we have had the slider controller for about 7 years and I have never thought about changing it, indeed on a few occasions I have thought how nice it is to have something so simple that just work as it should.

What features do you want to gain by upgrading?

Martin

Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
Hi,

We've just got a new to us van, that has an Alde Compact 3000 System fitted with the older style controller with the slider switches (see image below).

Is there anyway, eiither officially or via a "hack" that I can modernise this slightly to a digital or touch screen controller? (or Danfoss - I found a link to a TP5000-RF but it looks like it doesn't replace the existing control, but adds a programmable room stat to it)

Thanks in advance.

Slider control
156476746-origpic-b34fcc.jpg
Yes you can you will need the blanking plate direct from alde to fit the new controller I changed mine on my last van .
https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/g...r/alde-accessories/colour-touch-control-panel
I bought mine direct from alde cheaper than the price in the link I think you may need a new cable which just plugs in
They will advise which one you need

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes you can you will need the blanking plate direct from alde to fit the new controller I changed mine on my last van .
https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/g...r/alde-accessories/colour-touch-control-panel
I bought mine direct from alde cheaper than the price in the link I think you may need a new cable which just plugs in
They will advise which one you need
Are you sure that this will upgrade from the three slider controller on the 3000 boiler, I thought it was just the 3100 and monochrome controller.

Martin

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Yes you can add the TP5000 to the Alde slider controller but you are right it doesn't replace it, we have had the slider controller for about 7 years and I have never thought about changing it, indeed on a few occasions I have thought how nice it is to have something so simple that just work as it should.

What features do you want to gain by upgrading?

Martin

Ours is the 3000 with the slide control. Works a treat, if it aint broke why fix it?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I would be doing the opposite, changing from the digital to the reliable slide controller, I like solidity, reliability and less to go wrong.

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
I asked Alde the same question and was told it wasn’t possible to upgrade the slider panel with the 3000 boiler.
Richard

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
BTW Alde no longer support the 3000 so doubt they'll comment on mods/upgrades.

The only mod I've been told about by an Alde Engineer is you can replace the egg whisk pump by bolting an Alde Pump(see below) to the flow/return on the outside of the boiler. The stronger pump helps when getting rid of airlocks.

https://www.grasshopperleisure.co.u...MIvbKB9rux3gIVidCyCh0mCwwyEAQYByABEgKf2fD_BwE

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. I had done a bit of research prior and thought it wouldn't be straight forwards due to ours being the 3000 (hence the post)

For those asking why, no other reason than I like a bit of tech / gadgetry preferring digital to analogue.

CHEERS

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
I'm interested to know if there is anyway to replace the Truma Controller (all variants!) with something as simple and workable as the Alde slider? ;)

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I asked Alde earilier in the year. Here’s their reply.

Thank you for your email.

It is possible to upgrade from the manual control panel to the colour touch control panel. You will need the following items:

Adaptor Cable

Control Panel

Adaptor Plate

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I asked Alde earilier in the year. Here’s their reply.

Thank you for your email.

It is possible to upgrade from the manual control panel to the colour touch control panel. You will need the following items:

Adaptor Cable

Control Panel

Adaptor Plate

The original Poster was enquiring about Alde Model 3000 which cannot have a touch panel replacement.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back