Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
HI All
just got back from a week end in Ambleside in what is said to be a car park called miller fields, but its not a car park its a field that will take 40ish motorhomes and its only for motorhomes 10 pound per night and it only 3 mins from Ambleside, i think some one on here is having a meet there ,
We went with (Tommy_harry) des, dee and there 2 lads ,Keran and Robert who we met last week end at the bring and buy many thanks to des and dee for the weekend away. :thumb:
from Terry and Nicola

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Sounds a good site Terry, do you have to book? looking at the possiblity of getting away next weekend as George is in army camp for a week,

OP
OP
Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
HI

HI Paul
just ring a chap called Graham
tel number is 07708 310986 postcode is LA22 0EE its got water and toilet point but no elec but 10 pound per night its good :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Is that the Ambleside Aire? If it is I thought it was only £6. I was going to give it a go but for £10 you can get a CL with hookup.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
There is a group of Funsters going there for the August bank holiday weekend - booked by Delwood a couple of weeks ago. The advantage of the site is that it is so close to the centre of Ambleside and appears to be very friendly. We dont know if the site is fully booked up now but anyone who is thinking of coming would be welcome. Check with Delwood for confirmation of spaces.

Kath & Howie

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Sounds a good site Terry, do you have to book? looking at the possiblity of getting away next weekend as George is in army camp for a week,

Hi Paul, this is a smashing place, easy access to windemere boat trips, 2 mins into Ambleside. We were there May bank holiday with scran and dellwood, going back August bank holiday.
Chris

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Is that the Ambleside Aire? If it is I thought it was only £6. I was going to give it a go but for £10 you can get a CL with hookup.

agreed .. £10 to park is a bit steep .. but I guess it's in a prime location.. and will get plenty of trade.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We stayed there a few weeks back and thought it was great for £6, £10 is a bit steep and you could get a cl but then youd need to drive to town and pay:ROFLMAO: for parking where as its only a 5 min walk to town.

Gerry

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
well if the location is right then £10 is perfect. It is my top price and I dont want any facilities so sounds well worth it. About time someone contacted him to offer a little bit of advertising in a swop for two pound a night off for funsters

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
well if the location is right then £10 is perfect. It is my top price and I dont want any facilities so sounds well worth it. About time someone contacted him to offer a little bit of advertising in a swop for two pound a night off for funsters

He already does it for £7 for some group - I forget what, maybe a magazine.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
He already does it for £7 for some group - I forget what, maybe a magazine.

Here we go.....

The Bad News; Please be aware that as from 1st July 2010 the charge for motorhome camping will rise to £10.00 / night, regardless of the size of your van or number of occupants, members of the Motor Caravanners Club (MCC) concessionary rate of £7.00 / night will apply on production of a current valid membership card.

Tommy_harry

Free Member
May 30, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 days
HI All
just got back from a week end in Ambleside in what is said to be a car park called miller fields, but its not a car park its a field that will take 40ish motorhomes and its only for motorhomes 10 pound per night and it only 3 mins from Ambleside, i think some one on here is having a meet there ,
We went with (Tommy_harry) des, dee and there 2 lads ,Keran and ree Robert who we met last week end at the bring and buy many thanks to des and dee for the weekend away. :thumb:
from Terry and Nicola

Thanks for your company this weekend, We agree with Terry that it is a good location, people really friendly, Graham is a nice chap too ::bigsmile:. very close to all amenites so worth the extra little bit... we are returning for the august bank holiday and cant wait hope to see as many of the funsters as can make it... Dont worry about the weather its beautiful all the time :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back