Colinite wax and its application.. (1 Viewer)

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
My lads just got a new to him car but lives near the sea so was wondering whether 476 would be a good wax for him to use as he is a beginner ?
Car is black BMW 116

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My lads just got a new to him car but lives near the sea so was wondering whether 476 would be a good wax for him to use as he is a beginner ?
Car is black BMW 116
I'm sure it will be fine but might need topping up a few times a year. But it is so easy to apply that shouldn't be a hardship. :)
I suspect the main risk he faces is the risk of sand and salt on the surface scratching the paint when he washes it. Plenty of water first is probably the answer. :)

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Just would like to thank Charlie for all the advice. I bought a tin of 476s and a couple of the foam filled putter on-er discs. Yrs trly and Mrs. B did the front end of our Mh this morning in 40 mins,(including a 10 min stop for a brew) with me putting on Mrs. B. following on behind polishing off. Pretty chuffed with the result - a lovely shine and hopefully it'll last.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Car is black BMW 116
The missus uses Colinite 845 on her Audi TT, she prefers the liquid because it's so easy to apply.
It's probably washed once a month and the Colinite applied every fourth month, with Autoglym Aquawax for the inbetween washes.
The car looks glossy, water beads and the dirt just falls off.
I've watched her do it many times, so know it's straightforward for a beginner :whistle:

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Well, to say I'm impressed with 476 is an understatement. I have coated the roof and bonnet on my dark blue car and the rain is simply beading up and running right off. The panels 'feel' smoother too.

Easy to apply if taking the advice in posts about buffing off straight away. It comes off no trouble. It does not leave white marks on black rubber either.

Too early to tell how long it will last so I'll do other panels on the car and get back to doing a second coat later in the winter.

I have done most of the painted parts on my m/cycle too but not been out in the rain. (Yet!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back