Wynford Caravan Storage Romsey. (1 Viewer)

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Phone them and ask to be shown around the site. Looking at their website it seems very good, see what your gut says after talking face to face and a walk about the site.

I wouldn't leave it to long, someone else will grab the spot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Sorry not trying to be a killjoy, but being a tight git, that site looks very expensive for an exposed outdoor location. I fully appreciate how living down south its nye on impossible to find somewhere suitable, We have a Cassoa Storage site less than a mile from our house, its Silver rated, but knowing what I know, no way would I store there, as its gates are open all day as its shared with local Audi Garages to store their new vehicles. They shut the gates on Sundays also to everyone, but I walked in last year to ask about rates, no one there, walked around all the vans, could have done anything and got away with it, with suitable disguise even if on camera.
Would Holsworthy North Devon be too far away for you? we stored our caravan there on a lovely farm, great friendly owners, lovely campsite with full facilities, indoor & outdoor storage available, and they park and bring out your vehicle for you. Its Cassoa Gold rated, we stored inside large purpose built hangers van was kept dry and protected from the elements.
Check out www.headonfarm.co.uk.
We paid £540 year before last, Linda & Richard (owners) are the loveliest,most professional people you are ever likely to meet. They will even wash the van for you on request, and battery charging is an option also.
Les

OP
OP
shawn&emma
Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Phone them and ask to be shown around the site. Looking at their website it seems very good, see what your gut says after talking face to face and a walk about the site.

I wouldn't leave it to long, someone else will grab the spot.

Thanks @Fontie problem is I'm only back in th Uk from today for a week and with everything else I've got going on just need to be able to go and park it up. As you say best to have a look first if able. Another storage place I posted asking for feedback on turned out to not actually be there, the whole website and photos was just a front for nothing. And they wanted money up front.

Thanks for replying

Shawn

OP
OP
shawn&emma
Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Sorry not trying to be a killjoy, but being a tight git, that site looks very expensive for an exposed outdoor location. I fully appreciate how living down south its nye on impossible to find somewhere suitable, We have a Cassoa Storage site less than a mile from our house, its Silver rated, but knowing what I know, no way would I store there, as its gates are open all day as its shared with local Audi Garages to store their new vehicles. They shut the gates on Sundays also to everyone, but I walked in last year to ask about rates, no one there, walked around all the vans, could have done anything and got away with it, with suitable disguise even if on camera.
Would Holsworthy North Devon be too far away for you? we stored our caravan there on a lovely farm, great friendly owners, lovely campsite with full facilities, indoor & outdoor storage available, and they park and bring out your vehicle for you. Its Cassoa Gold rated, we stored inside large purpose built hangers van was kept dry and protected from the elements.
Check out www.headonfarm.co.uk.
We paid £540 year before last, Linda & Richard (owners) are the loveliest,most professional people you are ever likely to meet. They will even wash the van for you on request, and battery charging is an option also.
Les

Thanks for replying Les. Our van is 10m and around the £8-£900 a year seems to be the going rate. Seems that finding a storage place is like trying to find rocking horse s**t.

As said in reply to other post one place didn't actually exist even though it had a website with photos nd wanted money up front.

Regards

Shawn

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
If you are considering Romsey, I wonder how close Dinton, west of Salisbury is, I cannot reccomend them, but I know they do campervan storage on the old RAF Chilmark and Dinton sites.

Don’t know any details, but give them a goog

Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I spoke to the owner a couple of weeks ago and they are undergoing expansion so we are going to go and have a look when it's complete. He said at the mo there is a wait list but that may be a changeable situation. If you do find out anymore info I would be interested in your findings. He seemed real nice and considerate but a phone call is very different to leaving an expensive peice of joy here.

Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
An update on my last post. I have been dealing with John at Wynford storage and he's very accommodating. We now have a pitch in the original gold section as one became available before the expansion was complete. We are comfortable that he knows what he is doing and the site is well maintained.

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
After really struggling to find someone with storage availability from this coming November we've had a handful of replies.

Anyone have their van there and have first hand experience as to how it is please.

www.wynfordcaravanstorage.co.uk
Hi Shawn & Emma
We recently purchased our first van and naively thought that secured storage would be plentifully. That was my first lesson!
Eventually spoke to John at Wynford, who told me that there was a waiting list of approximately 200 people until I mentioned that we were 9m long.
Less that a week later, we were in. We went up to meet him at the facility and subsequently put our van there. It’s not cheap, @ £78 per month, but there are two electric gates, three including the main gate and CCTV cameras everywhere. John and his son Both live on the site.
It’s only been a couple of weeks so far, but we are confident that the van is in a safe environment. There is also access 24/7, which was a big thing for us. Even in lockdown.
Only time will tell if there are any issues. So far, so good.
We are at North Baddesley so very convenient for us.
Give him a ring

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There are real business opportunities in the South East if you have a bit of land which could be utilised for motorhome or caravan storage. There is hardly anywhere to store securely and if you are lucky enough to find somewhere you will pay top dollar.

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
An update on my last post. I have been dealing with John at Wynford storage and he's very accommodating. We now have a pitch in the original gold section as one became available before the expansion was complete. We are comfortable that he knows what he is doing and the site is well maintained.
Hi
Are you the owners of that lovely A class parked on the right as you go in? If so, we’re your new Nextdoor neighbours. Can we borrow a cup of sugar? 🤣

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am sure you have thought of it, however be sure to seek your insurers take on the site, they will not if course disclose claim information, however if it's not satisfactory the revised premium will give you a clue

Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Happy to lend you some sugar but alas we are in Row D not that lovely new hymer but one can always hope. We have been in Wynford for 2 years, no problems with the site but you do have to hope your neighbours are considerate. We had one issue but dealt with it ourselves as it’s not Johns problem but I have no doubt he would of been more than helpful. I am very grateful we got in there as I can’t think of anywhere else we would feel so comfortable.

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
Happy to lend you some sugar but alas we are in Row D not that lovely new hymer but one can always hope. We have been in Wynford for 2 years, no problems with the site but you do have to hope your neighbours are considerate. We had one issue but dealt with it ourselves as it’s not Johns problem but I have no doubt he would of been more than helpful. I am very grateful we got in there as I can’t think of anywhere else we would feel so comfortable.
Ah, what a shame. We look forward to meeting you one day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back