LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
well that's the next 12 months sorted....::bigsmile:had a small welding job done were the cab mounting joins the chassis and new side lights fitted as last years advisory note. i did not know they kept records of these notes,:Smile: anyway had them done and she sailed through::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
well that's the next 12 months sorted....::bigsmile:had a small welding job done were the cab mounting joins the chassis and new side lights fitted as last years advisory note. i did not know they kept records of these notes,:Smile: anyway had them done and she sailed through::bigsmile:
Well done
There is nothing on the MoT system that would show up last years advises
They must have there own Advise recording method:whatthe: or a very good tester
Geo

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Good news then Dave .. well done, always a relief :thumb:

slightly off topic .. just curious

Geo, what training does an MOT tester undertake, and do they require a formal vehicle mechanical qualification and or an apprenticeship or can anyone do the training ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Good news then Dave .. well done, always a relief :thumb:

slightly off topic .. just curious

Geo, what training does an MOT tester undertake, and do they require a formal vehicle mechanical qualification and or an apprenticeship or can anyone do the training ?
Gona get a bit techy on yer now Jim
To become a N/T( Nominated Tester)(MOT Tester) the person has to be Nominated by an Authorised Examiner (me for instance) My official title is N/T A/E
A Mot Testers title is N/T

Qualifications can be any number of the recognised trade apprenticeships certs to a given level and that qualifies you by default:thumb:

Or an unqualified person may sit the Vosa Entrance exam to demonstrate a full understanding of vehicle construction, that exam is not easy, many fully qualified people have taken it for fun, and failed miserably:Eeek:

Both entry criteria if met are followed by Vosa training and practical on site tests to prove competency prior to being allowed to issue your first ticket
Followed by secret regular vosa visits and 5 yearly re training
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back