Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Just bought a 240v / 12v LCD Tv,but as usual with these things the lead I need is not included.My van has a 2 flat pin socket.
Anyone know where I might be able to get a lead.
:help:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hit a camping shop and you achieve either the bits to modify you lead or an adaptor. The socket in you van sounds like a typical Euro 12 volt easily soursed in camping type places, Towsure, Gooutdoors, most dealers with a shop etc. Chances are you TV has a cigarrette lighter type plug on so as above you likely be able to get an adaptor rather than mess about.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just bought a 240v / 12v LCD Tv,but as usual with these things the lead I need is not included.My van has a 2 flat pin socket.

Have a look here:

Link Removed
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years

Hi yer, I had the same problem, the 12 v has a 2 pin outlet, one is larger than the other, if it is the same fitting, I got mine from a marine chandlers, on line, hope this helps

OP
OP
P

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Thanks very much for the replies,I now know what I need,that's a lead with a standard barrel/round pin DC connector on one end and a Clipsal 2 pin plug on the other.
Cant seem to find one anywhere so I will have ago at making one up.
Thanks again Chris

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks very much for the replies,I now know what I need,that's a lead with a standard barrel/round pin DC connector on one end and a Clipsal 2 pin plug on the other.
Cant seem to find one anywhere so I will have ago at making one up.
Thanks again Chris

you're right Chris....you wont find one as the tv should be run off the mains lead 'black box', which will be stabilised at 12v.
the makers don't envisage us using it directly off 12v.

simple enough to make up but be warned...the tv is designed to run at 12v....your battery can be as much as 14.4v on charge or just after turning off the engine.
thats enough to blow the tv's screen back light.

i, and many others, use one of these gadgets....

Amperor.

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
you're right Chris....you wont find one as the tv should be run off the mains lead 'black box', which will be stabilised at 12v.
the makers don't envisage us using it directly off 12v.

simple enough to make up but be warned...the tv is designed to run at 12v....your battery can be as much as 14.4v on charge or just after turning off the engine.
thats enough to blow the tv's screen back light.

i, and many others, use one of these gadgets....

Amperor.

Me too.:thumb:

Don

Don

OP
OP
P

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Thanks for this info ,Im beginning to think it wasn't worth getting the 240/12v TV,I only paid £100 for it and the voltage stabiliser with the correct plug fitted is going to cost £45 .That's of course if I can get one.:RollEyes:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Been using one of those 240v with PSU units in the van ever since I started out with a caravan !
It has been moved from caravan to m/home to m/home to m/home and it still works great..

Of course the thing should indeed work at a stabilised 12v but hey, nail a plug on a bit of wire and try it !

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
The amperor and adaptor is the same as I use on one of mine. It came to £40-45 and purchased from a company called snellyvision. They work very well indeed, it also means you can hook up to a generator without fear of blowing your set!

So the lot has cost you £150.....a camper TV can cost anything from £250 - to an astonishing £2000 (why anyone would enjoy tv that much whilst camping i will never know!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back