Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am honoured that you have taken the task to hand....I fully get what you are saying, your ideas are worth putting into practice to help support the Kayak.
Just spotted this on Ebay ...

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Depending on the height above the bumper the bike rack sits, that would be a good option if theres any doubt about the ability of the bike rack to take the weight..
Ill whisper this so as not to cause any upset to folk:LOL:..

I made a rack /shelf to carry a GENERATOR , by converting a back step on an transit and for a bit extra security and support put in an extension to the box section on the underside....
I know its most probably a bit lighter than a kayak but still 22 or so kg..
Pictures attached..
Andy
View attachment 260401
Anything like that here would have to be fitted professionally by someone possessing the paperwork to be able to add it to the log book. either that or it has to be easily removable for when it goes for its itv (MOt) otherwise it would fail.

Interesting.....indeed...
As above Martin. Need to be easily removable or it will fail the itv.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Anything like that here would have to be fitted professionally by someone possessing the paperwork to be able to add it to the log book. either that or it has to be easily removable for when it goes for its itv (MOt) otherwise it would fail.

As above Martin. Need to be easily removable or it will fail the itv.
Exactly Gus....let the ideas come my way, we like yourself know the ITV implications...thanks for the reminder my friend. Very helpful, as usual.

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
Hi. I carry my waveski vertically on the back of my PVC. I use a Fiamma ladder which distance the supports wider on the door. My Waveski is 2.75 metres and weighs 15kgs. This works well but your set up would be diffferent. From my experience to date I would suggest you will need the supports to be as wide apart as possible. Also it is ok for me to position the Waveski on my own in order to strap it in place, a 32 kg canoe would be a different beast and would probably need two people or a lot of ingenuity. You would as have to consider a lighting board as the canoe would obviously sit out behind the vehicle. I hope this helps.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi. I carry my waveski vertically on the back of my PVC. I use a Fiamma ladder which distance the supports wider on the door. My Waveski is 2.75 metres and weighs 15kgs. This works well but your set up would be diffferent. From my experience to date I would suggest you will need the supports to be as wide apart as possible. Also it is ok for me to position the Waveski on my own in order to strap it in place, a 32 kg canoe would be a different beast and would probably need two people or a lot of ingenuity. You would as have to consider a lighting board as the canoe would obviously sit out behind the vehicle. I hope this helps.
Help it does..thanks...lots of ideas ticking away in my head right now....if I had trailer board provision then a tow bar might be a possibility to build from. Thanks.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
A Wee update for those who were kind enough to pass on their knowledge.
A Canoe is now not my intended purchase, the carrying on the motorhome is proving to be more difficult than I imagined.
So, my route to the water has taken on a totally different idea.....I have ordered a Sea Eagle Fish Pack 7, a short sit in inflatable dingy....packs down to fit inside a backpack, comes with all sorts of goodies....rod holders, storage etc.....can be carried in the motorhome garage without any problems.....quick to inflate, very stable....thats it.....

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
A Canoe is now not my intended purchase, the carrying on the motorhome is proving to be more difficult than I imagined.
So, my route to the water has taken on a totally different idea.....I have ordered a Sea Eagle Fish Pack 7, a short sit in inflatable dingy....packs down to fit inside a backpack, comes with all sorts of goodies....rod holders, storage etc.....can be carried in the motorhome garage without any problems.....quick to inflate, very stable....thats it.....

Happy fishing ...
just mind what you do with knives and hooks etc..
And in an inflatable beware the offshore winds picking up...
Andy..

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... so are you gonna walk about with it inflated on your back ... like a Ninja Turtle! :D

s268223601666430841_p583_i64_w960.jpeg

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
... so are you gonna walk about with it inflated on your back ... like a Ninja Turtle! :D

s268223601666430841_p583_i64_w960.jpeg

Exactly....good bit of kit for Norway.... limited for the Med...will depend on wind as @andy63 rightly points out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back