Free Member
May 27, 2009
Goosnargh Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Feb 2009
Hi all! Me and Jules were to tour France for three weeks this Summer and duly had our old Jack Russell, Spud, passported. Sadly we had to have her (yes its a daft name for a bitch) put to sleep and now have a new pup which obviously we cant get passported in time. So we're planning on a Scottish tour during August instead ( I know...midges )

Any thoughts on whether its worth booking the odd site during the tour to ensure some facilities now and again or should we just go and 'wing it' bearing in mind the time of year/ school hols etc. Looking mainly at the West and North West coasts but may just follow the weather if we get any.

We want to use mainly CL type stops but have to wary of our 8.7m length.
All help welcome and I've a cheap Dover Dunkirk crossing going spare if anyone wants one!!

Regards. Bob

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
We booked our way round in early June, and wished we hadden't loads of space but August, don't know? However, we disliked the site we'd booked at near Oban (13ish miles away:Doh:) and moved and found the Oban Caravan and camping park, an independant. As we understand they don't do bookings it is literally a first come first served and it is quite a big site, great views and 3 ish miles down a little road to Oban, bus a couple of times a day, taxi was £6.70 each way, we're lazy, actually stupid here had decided we wouldn't need the bikes so left them at home:Doh:

Anyroad, nice site, nice people, decent on site shop for the essentials, facilities are OK, prices on a par, or slightly cheaper the CC/C&CC, we paid £17 (I think) a night without hook up as frankley we didn't need. Our 28ft RV was no bother getting to and onto the site.

Get into Oban and follow the ferry and campsite sign. Once past the ferry you see a campsite signed to the left, not that one just follow the road along the waters edge and you can't miss it:thumb:

May not be your think but worth a mention as we'll be going back.

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Hi all! Me and Jules were to tour France for three weeks this Summer and duly had our old Jack Russell, Spud, passported. Sadly we had to have her (yes its a daft name for a bitch) put to sleep and now have a new pup which obviously we cant get passported in time. So we're planning on a Scottish tour during August instead ( I know...midges )

Any thoughts on whether its worth booking the odd site during the tour to ensure some facilities now and again or should we just go and 'wing it' bearing in mind the time of year/ school hols etc. Looking mainly at the West and North West coasts but may just follow the weather if we get any.

We want to use mainly CL type stops but have to wary of our 8.7m length.
All help welcome and I've a cheap Dover Dunkirk crossing going spare if anyone wants one!!

Regards. Bob

Remember the school Holidays in Scotland are diff they are on Holliday now and go back early Augest so should be quite We will be touring Scotland in Augest i need my yearly fix i have just spent 2weeks down south fantastic weather but i have had enough of motorways the best roads are in the cotswalds to get the best of yur tour i would head for fort william then onto Gairloch then ullapool then on up the coast to the top then down to Brora/Inverness/Blair Athol/ then home PS some of the best Hollidays weather wise has been in Scotlad so ignore the weather forcast as they blanket all of Scotland as one

Bill

Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Yep, the kids will be back second week in August. My two nephews and my boys always struggle to get together at holiday time.

I personally would head up to westerross, accross the top and drop down. My favourite site is Clachtoll beach campsite, simply stunning, google it and have a look.
Its run by Jim (are all Scotsman called Jim) mention Motorhome fun and he will knock a £1 off im sure. Held a rally up to there last year in Easter. Glorious weather. If the weather is good we may continue to go to Scotland in August for a doggy reason ourselves, but alas will probably be France.
Also a must is the lochinver Pie shop, you can wild at Lochinver where the fish boats come in, the pie shop is on the road in and is truly amazing, that I promise you.:thumb:

Have Fun:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
ps how much do you want for your ferry crossing?

OP
OP
bob and jules

bob and jules

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Goosnargh Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Feb 2009
Not sure what to say on the ferry crossing, its booked for an 8.7m with 2 adults and a dog at a cost of £120 ish so something less than that. Its £20 to amend the booking. If youre interested PM me with a phone number or e-mail and we can sort something out. Just want a few quid to make sure I dont lose the lot!!

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back