Morelo have installed a Kissmann compressor FF (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I am led to believe that Morelo have installed a KT 210 as an alternate to the Dometic 8555. I am making enquiries on the implications and the issue of the oven with them at the moment but the spec states .29kw in a 24 hr period at 32c!

http://www.kissmann.net/
I would be interested in any critique, bearing in mind that I will have 640 amps of Lithium.

Thanks in advance.
Michael

Attachments

• Series KT 210.pdf
    45 KB · Views: 39
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Wow that's low consumption.

As I imagine yore LiFePO4 will run around the same voltage as mine, I make that about 22Ah per 24 hours.

I think your 640Ah should cover it :)

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Wow that's low consumption.

As I imagine yore LiFePO4 will run around the same voltage as mine, I make that about 22Ah per 24 hours.

I think your 640Ah should cover it :)
I have been onto another German Liner Forum and there is a big discussion on there https://linertreff.com/board/index.php/Thread/1538-Kissmann-Kompressorkühlschrank-Eigenart/?pageNo=1
The real life consumption appears slightly higher 25 to 30 amps per 24hr, but still very manageable, and as we will have 520wp of solar I feel very comfortable. My concern is the oven. We do use ours and I am not sure my wife would like to give up a cupboard elsewhere?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
@funflair, Martin, when you were touring Düsseldorf did you see these FF's. They are used by Phoenix almost exclusively, indeed I remember the Phoenix sales guy at Stuttgart praising them when we had one of their liners in our sights. I am led to believe that they fit as direct replacements for the 8555, but 2cm deeper, however I would imagine that losing the need for access space behind would accommodate that. It also gets rid of the vents on the side which in the case of Morelo the "whites" don't match. Then I need to resolve the oven??? You input would be good. Also @Robert Clark did you come across these when you were investigating?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Michael

Yes we saw these Kissmann FF units in the Phoenix, cosmetically inside the vehicle they don't blend in as they are a lump of silver doors with no infill panels and they do possibly sit slightly proud or it could just be the curved design of the door but yes outside is much cleaner by getting rid of the side vents.

I don't think that I have ever seen them as a combination with an oven above as whenever Phoenix fit an oven it seems to be under the sink in the kitchen area.

Martin

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Michael

Yes we saw these Kissmann FF units in the Phoenix, cosmetically inside the vehicle they don't blend in as they are a lump of silver doors with no infill panels and they do possibly sit slightly proud or it could just be the curved design of the door but yes outside is much cleaner by getting rid of the side vents.

I don't think that I have ever seen them as a combination with an oven above as whenever Phoenix fit an oven it seems to be under the sink in the kitchen area.

Martin
Thanks Martin, funnily your comment has spurred the same memory. However I am very tempted as many people have had multiple griefs with 8555 not least of which is its poor cooling in anything above 25c. Thinking on I am hoping that if Morelo install them off of their "special options list" which I have still yet to see by the way, then they may have a more aesthetic solution compared to Phoenix who lets face it lose because of their lack of style. On Linertreff the jury seems to be out over compressor fridges, dependant on ones type of motor homing both whether on or off grid and the time of year and the availability solar support. So large Lithium banks and 500wp plus of solar seems the base point, until the end of October if off grid. After that EHU support of some description would be needed.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just finished reading through that Kissmann thread on Linertreff and it is indeed interesting and takes me back to a conversation with an English guy with a Phoenix that we met in Spain he said that it still used too much power to not be hooked up to mains most of the time, I dont know what solar he had. Just when we start to think that a Phoenix would be good the doubt creeps in:LOL:

Martin

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Just finished reading through that Kissmann thread on Linertreff and it is indeed interesting and takes me back to a conversation with an English guy with a Phoenix that we met in Spain he said that it still used too much power to not be hooked up to mains most of the time, I dont know what solar he had. Just when we start to think that a Phoenix would be good the doubt creeps in:LOL:

Martin
My interpretation was 6 supporting, half a dozen opposing. One interesting point was the need for ventilation at the rear, something I needed to do on a small drinks fridge that we have at home in the sitting room. I had to cut a large hole in the rear of the unit housing it. So my assessment would be that perhaps retaining the upper vent which for Morelo is on the roof. Anyway I will see how Morelo respond, at the moment with the package I am installing of 520wp solar and 640amps of Lithium I think that the Kissmann still has merit for me. But please get back if you ferret out any useful stuff.:sneaky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back