French Tolls Tag/Box for Over 3.5t MH (1 Viewer)

Husky

Free Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 714SB
Exp
Since March 2017
Our motorhome is 8m and 4.25t in weight.

Does anybody have a factual specific info on purchasing a payment toll box in advance? No guessing or try this, just factural info pretty please.

Emovis & Eurotolls do not offer anything for over 3.5t.

Over to you. Thanks.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Factual info..

I have used the Sanef tolling tag with a 4.0 ton Hymer in France for the past three years.. no problems..
no one has questioned it, or asked to see the data plate

there is no dynamic weighing at a toll booth..

drive up , wait for beep .. gate opens .. go

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We are 4.5 tons and just a tad below 3m high and on our last trip used quite a few short sections of peage in France. Every one was Class 2. We have never been charged anything other than that.
It’s up to you what you do with that information. :whistle:;)

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Husky

Husky

Free Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 714SB
Exp
Since March 2017
Richard Clarky. Thanks for that.

We travelled this year through Europe. We have a go box for Austria but just for ease wanted a box for France. The general consensus is just get the box, which is for under 3.5t as no-one weighs you! Ours is 4.25t but the new version of ours is now 3.5t.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Toll Tickets supply tags for over 3.5 ton. But if you are under 3 meters you are better off without. We have a 5 ton tag and all way get charged at class 2 , Fot Austria and. Slovenia you must have Go box or Datrs tag . France not compulsory. We would rather use the RN routes if we are not time orientated.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
As @scotjimland says.

Can't really add anything to that except that if the system detects you as class 2 it will do so whether you have a tag or not. The tag has no bearing on the class you are identified as, it's a payment method, nothing more, and it will only work if the system has already detected you as class 2.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Update.. as the tag will be no use with the caravan, I closed my Sanef Tag account and returned the tag, I was refunded the initial tag deposit of €20 .

Only thing that will catch you out is if your van is over 3 meters.. as I understand it is then class 3 .. but the van height is excluding roof racks or boxes, sat dish or antenna.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Update.. as the tag will be no use with the caravan, I closed my Sanef Tag account and returned the tag, I was refunded the initial tag deposit of €20 .

Car and caravan is Class 2 isn't it? Would the tag not have still worked?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Our good friends are 'tuggers' and they always use their toll tag in France.
As @NickNic said, car/caravan outfit is still class 2 as long as its under 3.5t and under 3m high.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back