Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So, by my reckoning, get van sorted... get mum sorted and you could be having a beer with me on a beach in Spain come January....:D2
Well you never know.
Just back from hospital mum's definately better but still a long way to go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
On the downside ....my mum having had dogs always kept them in the kitchen when she was in bed or out.

I've had to do the same with jade as it isn't my house and I have to respect my mum's wishes.

Came back from hospital tonight ( well i noticed it tonight ) and jade has scratched all the varnish and wood stain of 3 bits of the kitchen door.

I am so dead unless I can patch this up
Mum's gonna hit the roof

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
I think for both your sakes as long as you are going to be leaving Jade at all in the house unattended you need to invest in a crate or travel box!:unsure:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think for both your sakes as long as you are going to be leaving Jade at all in the house unattended you need to invest in a crate or travel box!:unsure:
I bought a crate the day before I adopted her She lasted one night in it in the van and whined the whole time ...after that she was fine sleeping on the sofa and then coming in to bed in morning for a cuddle.

I still have the brand new unused cage ...But she doesn't like it and she isn't going to take kindly to be put in it.

She has never damaged anything in the van anytime she was left so I can only imagine this has been in the morning when she's wanted to come see me

But my mum is incredibly houseproud and believe me I'm gonna get hell for this

She sanded and stained these doors herself by hand about 30 years ago you've never felt a smoother bit wood ...And now the kitchen one is wrecked

After me telling how good jade was and how she's never destroyed anything

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Sorry Tam, but that's why you needed to persevere. It takes time and patience.
If you can't guarantee that Jade will be able to be with you 24/7 then she has to learn she can't always have what she wants.
The idea is they learn that the crate is a safe happy place to be. The upcoming celebrations? of Halloween a Bonfire Night might prove to be good examples.
Sorry Tam, lecture over :X3:.

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
As far as Jade is concerned she has always had the run of her home, has always been able to lie on the bed that she shared with you while waiting for you to come back. Maybe she’ll be ok when you get the other van and you both sleep in it and her life gets back to Franky style.

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Don’t forget she is a rescue dog and being in a restricted area doesn’t bring back good memories for her, she probably feels abandoned again.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
As far as Jade is concerned she has always had the run of her home, has always been able to lie on the bed that she shared with you while waiting for you to come back. Maybe she’ll be ok when you get the other van and you both sleep in it and her life gets back to Franky style.
She's never been able to lie on the bed when I wasn't there .
And i may be getting the new van tomorrow but I won't be sleeping in it till I get it ready to move in to which won't be for at least a few days but more likely a week.
I can't just stick her in a cage overnight straight off and she can't have the roam of this house as it isn't mine.

What may sound good in principle just isn't going to work in the real world sadly

As for feeling abandoned she's bound to have learned by this time that I come back when she's left it has been six months

But if she does any more damage in here she won't have to worry bevause the both of us will be bloody homeless

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Tam, how's your DIY? :LOL: Get the door sorted before mum comes home, she need never know. I haven't had a dog since I was in junior school so can't help with the Jade situation but hope you sort something.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, how's your DIY? :LOL: Get the door sorted before mum comes home, she need never know. I haven't had a dog since I was in junior school so can't help with the Jade situation but hope you sort something.
My diy is pretty good overall I've renovated 8 of my 11 houses myself and built show winning vw campers from chassis up back in the day.

But even I have limits ....I have tried to put a little woodstain ( thankfully mum hoards everything so tin in the "just in case cupboard " ) over the scratches and although it covers them a bit even a blind man could see it everytime you go from kitchen to lounge.
I'm gonna have to tell her or she'll be furious if she thinks I've tried to cover it up.
But I'll leave it till she's home I think as she will only stress about it.

But I know what's she's like and she's gonna be raging.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Anyway just getting up need a shower and some breakfast then I've gotta head off for the train just after 8am
4.5 hours it takes from dunfermline down to Macclesfield and jades coming too.
3 bloody changeovers one that only has 10 minutes between which I hate as the trains are always late.

Everytime I use the trains they either break down or I miss the connections so we might very well be later getting down there.
So it's gonna be a stressful day.

Wish me luck

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Anyway just getting up need a shower and some breakfast then I've gotta head off for the train just after 8am
4.5 hours it takes from dunfermline down to Macclesfield and jades coming too.
3 bloody changeovers one that only has 10 minutes between which I hate as the trains are always late.

Everytime I use the trains they either break down or I miss the connections so we might very well be later getting down there.
So it's gonna be a stressful day.

Wish me luck

Should have asked someone to go with you in the car, and drive the car behind you home for £50. Plenty of youngsters would have done that for a few quid!! Probably cheaper than the train,, ?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Should have asked someone to go with you in the car, and drive the car behind you home for £50. Plenty of youngsters would have done that for a few quid!! Probably cheaper than the train,, ?
Couldn't find anyone available Ian

But it cost me £80 round trip in the car the other day when I went to view it.

Yesterday morning when I first checked the train it was £51 then when I went back it had jumped to £86 which is sods law

Always the same when your up north and I bet as soon as I buy this van there will be one comes up for sale a few miles away.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So the new van needs a name and I'm coming up stumps at the minute.

So let's have a naming competition

Current reg is mh54 jvg ( i may put a private plate on later )

And it's a hymer obviously

So name suggestions ?

If it had been jug instead of jvg I'd have called it Toby

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Is it male or female do you think?

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Name suggestion-
Merv
(mer from Hymer & v from reg)
If you decide to put a personal plate on that might change everything.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
"Erwin" it was good enough for the founder :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun