SandyD

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Dont know
Exp
We travel a lot in our Burstner motorhome, particularly on the continent. At the same time we try to explore the countryside on our bikes. We thought the idea to start a Strava Group to share routes was an excellent one so we’ve joined both MF and the Strava Group.
Keep peddling Sandy

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! I did a bit of Googling on Strava but I wasn't enlightened much - though it is a bit early in the morning! You could explain it if you want although I'm guessing this is for cycling only? :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Welcome. I think Motorhomefun is great too. I don't know what a Strava Group is either so please enlighten us - don't want to miss out on anything good.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think Strava is an app that tracks your run/cycle ride, it compiles a map of your route with times and speed and then you can post and share this with friends.

Martin

OP
OP
S

SandyD

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Dont know
Exp
Thanks for your welcome folks.
Haganap proposed and created a cycling Strava group for motorhome riders in his post with much the same title on 1/10/18. I think about ten people have joined up to date.
Strava is an app which records data as you do various physical activities but mainly running, cycling and swimming. It is developing all the time. You just have to remember to push a button on whatever device you have the app on, I use an Apple Watch. In doing so you record speed, distance, average speed, height climbed, heart rate etc etc. You can compare your own performance against previous times on the same route, or part route, or against other people who have done the same route. You can use it as a training tool or simply a historical record of where you’ve been. You can set up groups of like minded individual to share data, routes, photos etc which is what Haganap has done. It’s used world wide and has millions of users. Some people love it, others, well don’t!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hmm ... this has got me thinking of using 'strava', or similar, for something else ... I'll ponder it some more.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back