Co pilot update (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Has anybody done the latest update for the payed version of Co pilot Europe HD.
This is details for update, is it still working after update, that’s what I want to know.
Cheers
8D798B9F-99F3-4828-ADFC-63853BAF89BD.png

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just had a look on my iPad and there are no warnings or updates showing............yet.
It looks as though the problem might be for older iPhones/iPads that will not be able to deal with the newer app.
I'll be annoyed if I have to subscribe to a new app as it was only recently that I purchased the Caravan version, having already paid for the standard CoPilot.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The promise of 'lifetime updates' for an app is a bit shallow when they can just arbitrarily create 'new' applications (which are probably 90% prepackaged code with a pretty new interface) and say the old app is end of life.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Or like TomTom where they encouraged/forced you to upgrade to a far inferior product.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Just had a look on my iPad and there are no warnings or updates showing............yet.
It looks as though the problem might be for older iPhones/iPads that will not be able to deal with the newer app.
I'll be annoyed if I have to subscribe to a new app as it was only recently that I purchased the Caravan version, having already paid for the standard CoPilot.

Richard.
Just checked my Co-pilot caravan version. No new updates there; is is all up to date and current so don't anticipate a problem

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It’s showing in app updates, but today I got map update notice in co pilot app itself and it did that ok.
Using iPhone se on iOS 11.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
In my opinion CoPilot Caravan could do with retiring. It has failed me a few times in the past but I thought I would try try it again today.

I set my route by opting for a new destination and entered a single point from the map. When the route came up it included two erroneous stops which I had to manually delete.

At the start of the journey it failed me when I had to divert from its chosen route, back on the original route after a couple of miles it would not resume, I think it was sulking because I could not follow the route. After 2 attempts my wife got it working and it behaved all the way up the M1 from the M25 to Nottingham, except reporting speed cameras where they weren’t and missing the yellow boxes on the gantries. At my Nottingham exit, just when I needed it, the app decided to lose itself again. It stayed frozen to the end of the journey. My wife used her phone and Google maps which behaved reliably to get us through an unfamiliar city. I just wonder why I wasted my money on CoPilot.

Perhaps a new app will behave more predictably and reliably, I certainly hope so.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
In my opinion CoPilot Caravan could do with retiring. It has failed me a few times in the past but I thought I would try try it again today.

I set my route by opting for a new destination and entered a single point from the map. When the route came up it included two erroneous stops which I had to manually delete.

At the start of the journey it failed me when I had to divert from its chosen route, back on the original route after a couple of miles it would not resume, I think it was sulking because I could not follow the route. After 2 attempts my wife got it working and it behaved all the way up the M1 from the M25 to Nottingham, except reporting speed cameras where they weren’t and missing the yellow boxes on the gantries. At my Nottingham exit, just when I needed it, the app decided to lose itself again. It stayed frozen to the end of the journey. My wife used her phone and Google maps which behaved reliably to get us through an unfamiliar city. I just wonder why I wasted my money on CoPilot.

Perhaps a new app will behave more predictably and reliably, I certainly hope so.
I wonder if the problems are caused by the equipment you are running the app on?
I ran CoPilot on my old iPad Mini which was running out of space and it played up frequently. Now have Caravan version loaded on a newer and more powerful iPad and it runs a treat.
Perhaps whatever tablet/phone you are using is struggling to keep up.

Richard.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I wonder if the problems are caused by the equipment you are running the app on?
I ran CoPilot on my old iPad Mini which was running out of space and it played up frequently. Now have Caravan version loaded on a newer and more powerful iPad and it runs a treat.

Richard.
I am using an iPad Mini 4, still the current model but a while since it was updated. I may upgrade when the next generation of iPads is released and if I do I will give CoPilot another chance.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Richard.
I had a couple of silly glitches on my copy of CoPilot on my old iPhone, when I updated the phone the glitches did not appear even though the software version was the same, so yes it could be to do with hardware.

Martin

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I run our Copilot on a Chinese Android dash headunit.

It on occasions hangs for 10 or 20 seconds on start up which may or may not be down to Copilot but other than that it's pretty darn good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back