Complete change of MH plan! (1 Viewer)

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No
By the end of last week, I was absolutely and completely certain that I knew exactly what we wanted in a MH. We went to the dealer's on Saturday just to have a final try out and confirmation before we put the deposit down ..... and did a complete 180 about what our requirements are!! On the one hand, I'm very relieved that we did it now rather than later, on the other I feel a bit daft because I really thought we'd thought everything through :Blush::Blush:.

So, do you have a end lounge MH, six berth/six seatbelts, preferably with bucketloads of storage, less than 7m or with minimal rear overhang, payload greater than 500kg, separate shower area in the bathroom that you absolutely love and would like to recommend to me. Or one you loathe that I should steer well clear of!

So far I've seen a Euro Mobil one that I love but that was pretty darned expensive, and a Benimar Europe 6000 St that I thought was rather nice, a Swift escape 686 that was lovely but failed the bathroom/shower test and I've read a review of a Rimor superbrigg 699 that sounds lovely. I think they're all over 7m though ....

OP
OP
W

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No
What about Eurostyle A69 by Lowdhams.
Dont know any more than that.

Thanks Hawkara, but that's a bunk bed spec - which is what I thought we wanted last week, rather than the end lounge we are now set on. I don't think there's an end lounge Eurostyle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
the benimar that you mention is a really nice van. so why not go with that? love to hear why you opted out of the bunk bed models though? If you are going to be using the rear lounge for sleeping as well I would personally reconsider. The less beds you have to make up the better. Also if you are going for a rear lounge as far as I am aware you are not going to be getting yourself a decent size garage for storage.
There is the autoquest 180 (i think thats the right number) very cheap vans brand new so might be woth looking at , 6 berths, 6 belts, rear lounge,,
Or it sounds daft on here but have you considered a caravan? loads of rear lounge options there:winky:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
W

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No
the benimar that you mention is a really nice van. so why not go with that?
Yes, I'm tempted, but I wondered about parts and servicing issues - but it might just be good enough to make be forget the practical side!

love to hear why you opted out of the bunk bed models though? If you are going to be using the rear lounge for sleeping as well I would personally reconsider. The less beds you have to make up the better. Also if you are going for a rear lounge as far as I am aware you are not going to be getting yourself a decent size garage for storage.

Bedmaking and storage were the two big plusses with bunk beds - and I apologise to anyone in Lowdhams Huddersfield on Saturday who were trying to get into the Chausson 3 whilst a couple sat for ages looking perplexed and confused and muttering a lot, whilst their daughter sat contentedly in the bunk watching Sound of Music!
In the end, we were trying to picture us and Jess in the motorhome for several rainy days - the extra space offered by the rear lounge then seemed very attractive. If we're touring about, we could always leave the bed made up. We're also thinking of using the van for 3 months abroad and I'd need to do some work on the computer - the end lounge would give us the option for her to play whilst I worked. Then just for relaxing at night - stretching out with a glass of wine and a book on the end lounge seats seemed much more attractive than sitting at the less comfortable train table dinette. Then finally my OH decided that he'd prefer the faff of making a bed up to us sleeping in the overcab....

There is the autoquest 180 (i think thats the right number) very cheap vans brand new so might be woth looking at , 6 berths, 6 belts, rear lounge,,
Or it sounds daft on here but have you considered a caravan? loads of rear lounge options there:winky:::bigsmile:
[heresy] I think a caravan would suit us well, maybe even better, to be honest - apart from me being a king sized wimp when it comes to towing! I'd happily take the MH away on my own, but would always be dependent on my OH coming away with us if I had a caravan.
Oh yes - the autoquest - I'd forgotten that, it was my favourite van when I first started looking but I think I'd seen some quality issues with them ... will have to go look again.

Thank you for giving me another full answer - hope you don't feel that you wasted your time being just as helpful last week!

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
It might be worth you hiring a Motorhome for a day or two just to make sure you have made the right decision. I personally thought that making the bed up each night would be fine. I now have a fixed bed:winky: Its one of my musts in any motorhome I am looking at. With the bunk beds your daughter has an inbuilt space into which she can sleep, play and make a den. In the warm weather you are mostly outside and its sooo nice to be able to just drop into bed. There is always the alternative of an anwning to give you the extra space.

What ever you decide to do in the end enjoy it.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i got my dethleffs from lowdhams nottingham on a special deal.
its got a rear lounge front diner and an overcab double.
the shower is a useable size and not a wetroom style.
from a payload point of view after a trip to the weighbridge with half fuel 50%fresh water pots pans cutlery etc it weighed in at around 4200kg give or take 20-30kg
its plated weight is 5000kg. so i have around 800kg to play with.
as for storage there is absolutely loads the rear storage area is approx 3feet high x 4feet wide x the width of the van around 7.5 feet.
there is also a front storage area of around 18 inches high 5 foot wide and again this goes right across under the floor of the dinette area.
ok so its closer to 8m in length but it gives so much more personal space.
the alley way to the rear is narrower than i would ideally like but its one minor point in my view.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Thank you for giving me another full answer - hope you don't feel that you wasted your time being just as helpful last week!

not at all, we are here to help, thats the idea, cant wait to see what you opt for. The defflephs above is a nice option but I would think you will struggle to get it in your 30k budget.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Our Roller Team fits the criteria apart from its 7.5m.

Which salesman did you see at Lowdhams?? I used to work there pre Lowdhams for 21 years.

Dale

OP
OP
W

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No

Which salesman did you see at Lowdhams?? I used to work there pre Lowdhams for 21 years.

Dale

At Lowdhams @ Gunthorpe we saw Graham Swann, who was very helpful indeed. I can't remember who we saw at Huddersfield - they had hardly any used stock in - maybe half a dozen vans - and seem to have had none all summer. Seems strange when they have plenty at Nottingham, but they say that the turn round on second hand vans there is crazy fast at the mo...

OP
OP
W

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No
This would seem to fit most of your requirements, but you'd have to raid the piggy bank to get the extra dosh!

Link Removed

http://www.autoexposure.co.uk/vehic...010 RIMOR&Model=SUPERBRIG 699&City=Nottingham

See that looks just lovely, doesn't it :smalllove: It's such a shame that I can't see them itching to give me a 9k discount ... and I can't find any second hand ones on t'internet! Must go and do some more digging - though getting up, doing breakfasts and going to work really should be top of the agenda!

OP
OP
W

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No

I'd somehow missed the first bit of your post, sorry. I've just seen a new Roller Team 600 with rear lounge on the EmmBee website but, according to Roller Team's website, the only new end lounge Roller Team is the 706, so I guess they must be having a bit of a re-jig of their range? I can't find the new one's payload though ... The good news is that the old one is 7.24 long and the new is 6.9 :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back