Lenny's Heading for Portugal - Maybe (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Started another little trip today, our second attempt at going to Portugal this year last time we never made it past Spain.

At the usual Funsters stop over La Mailleraye Sur Seine. Dull and overcast & light rain, a bit naff after all the warm weather & sunshine at home this week.
Only a couple of other Brits here no Funsters stickers.

IMG_20181006_181135.jpg

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Start at the top and work down, if we do it the other way round might not make it again.
We touched the top right hand corner on our last trip but avoided the coast completely. It looked very busy on the map with millions of roads. It will be interesting to see what it looks like if you visit there. But we did like the coast of Galicia but I guess like northern and western Portugal it is very weather dependent. I wouldn't dawdle on the way there given the time of year. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have the ferry into Santander booked 6th Nov heading down to walk The Argarve Way and spend a bit of time around Portugal .I will look out for your funster sticker.
Hope to see some Funsters on our 5 month trip and get some chatting in.
Save journey.

Cheers Cris:cheers:.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Started another little trip today, our second attempt at going to Portugal this year last time we never made it past Spain.

View attachment 260031
Same for us last year but we're crossing mid November this year and husband says if he can see a 10 day window when the weather isn't rubbish then we're going to try again. I think that's hope over experience but time will tell. Can you keep posting along your trip - am watching your thread.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I have the ferry into Santander booked 6th Nov heading down to walk The Argarve Way and spend a bit of time around Portugal .I will look out for your funster sticker.
Hope to see some Funsters on our 5 month trip and get some chatting in.
Save journey.

Hi Chris, Can you keep posting - am watching this thread.

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
But we did like the coast of Galicia but I guess like northern and western Portugal it is very weather dependent. I wouldn't dawdle on the way there given the time of year. :)

Ye i know what you mean.We arrived Santander 8th dec last year and planned to head down via Salamanca to the Algarve but it was - 8 forecast for a few nights so ended up heading right across to below Valencia on the med.Last winter was windy everywhere and we ended up staying on the east cost the whole trip.we got down to Gabo de Gata but decided not to head along the south coast.Murcia and Valencia coast line where just as warm.
But want to walk the Algarve way as a build up to The camino de Santiago in early 2020.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Still at twin lakes @Lenny HB but leaving tomorrow and heading a bit further down as we has a few showers late this afternoon and now...

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Still at twin lakes @Lenny HB but leaving tomorrow and heading a bit further down as we has a few showers late this afternoon and now...
Raining heaver here now so won't be hanging about but a bit knackered been a hectic week. Got home 10:30 Wed evening after doing 350 miles and finished sorting the van out at gone 10 last night.
Only 20 miles to the port then 40 miles to Mailleraye today but still feel knackered so may not get that far tomorrow.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Raining heaver here now so won't be hanging about but a bit knackered been a hectic week. Got home 10:30 Wed evening after doing 350 miles and finished sorting the van out at gone 10 last night.
Only 20 miles to the port then 40 miles to Mailleraye today but still feel knackered so may not get that far tomorrow.
have a nice rest tonight

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
You sure that Hymer thingy of yours will actually make it all the way to Portugal?:p

Have a great trip(y)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
A new bubba, great, fantastic.
I've got 2 beautiful granddaughters, would love another grandchild. Loved the rough and tumble with my 2 boys growing up. Rugby, footy, loved it
Yet but the thought of being dragged out to Thailand for 3 months that I'm getting threatened with.:eek:o_O

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
We did just qualifying day and hired scooter and rode to Tevulia. Really glad we did it will go again sometime. Of to brands at weekend for BSB

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Motorhome trips may be a bit limited next year, just heard on the way over youngest daughter is expecting. Mi is already talking about going out to Thailand for 3 months:eek:
For anyone who doesn't known our little one lives in Bangkok.
Congratulations to you all!

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010

Hope you have a good time, and you find the sun. We set off for Portugal last year, and ended up in Spain because of the weather.
Just remember how lucky you are to live where you do! It's 5 hours for us to the south coast. We're always knackered by the time we get to Calais :(.
Le Maielleraye is a nice place for a relaxing night :).

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Motorhome trips may be a bit limited next year, just heard on the way over youngest daughter is expecting. Mi is already talking about going out to Thailand for 3 months.
Our first grandchild was born out in Bangkok. I never went out there but my wife went out for a month soon after the birth (girl), she (wife) was ill the whole time she was out there! That was nearly 4 years ago. Son and his family now live in Mexico and had a second (boy) a year ago so we are off to Mexico in December, for a holiday. We did go out to Mexico two years ago when they first moved there but not a holiday, as I spent the whole two weeks fitting stair gates (not easy in a three storey house with metal ballustrading), and shelving etc. A trip out for me was a two mile walk to the equivalent of B&Q to fetch some more timbers and screws etc - all in 40 degree heat.
I hate long haul flights, can never sleep on a plane. Much prefer to be in motorhome. But duty calls. Daughter lives local and getting married next Easter, in Scotland (originally wanted to do it in Iceland!) and then having reception a few weeks later so next years travels already curtailed. He ho!

colleen murphy

Free Member
Jun 29, 2017
shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Celtic Rambler 5th Wheel
Exp
2 years
Am watching your thread Lenny B with interest. We are currently staying with my sister in Limalonges, waiting for a part for our air compressor to be posted over from Wales for our Celtic Rambler Fifth Wheeler. Then plans are to stay in Biarritz area for a week before crossing over into Spain and travelling along the north coast into Portugal. Dependant upon the weather, we then hope to amble along the coast down onto the Algarve coast for 3 months from December. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Am watching your thread Lenny B with interest. We are currently staying with my sister in Limalonges, waiting for a part for our air compressor to be posted over from Wales for our Celtic Rambler Fifth Wheeler. Then plans are to stay in Biarritz area for a week before crossing over into Spain and travelling along the north coast into Portugal. Dependant upon the weather, we then hope to amble along the coast down onto the Algarve coast for 3 months from December. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Nice we have only got 5½ weeks.:cry:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Motorhome trips may be a bit limited next year, just heard on the way over youngest daughter is expecting. Mi is already talking about going out to Thailand for 3 months:eek:
Congrats to you both on the announcement of the arrival of the latest addition to the family.

3 months in Thailand sounds expensive
How about a long weekend?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back