Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
Burnham on Sea. Somerset
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
7+
whilst staying at the C&CC site at Oxford for a few days this week to attend my sons graduation, we had our cool box stolen. This was kept outside our m/h just under the vehicle and within the awning. So, away went our 'booze' stock. The Warden informed us a van had been broken into the night before and booze was stolen there. Here at a couple of big holiday sites in the S.West, thieves have targeted tents and awnings by slashing them open and laptops, cameras etc have been stolen. I think many of us get complacent at times, so this can be a salatury lesson for us. I have to say tho' we have been camping and caravanning for 20 odd years and this is our first slight misshap. Lucky or what ?
Regards

goffer

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
weymouth sunny dorset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 but tugged for 10
beware theives

in the army they use to say if it dont move paint, if it moves stick it up your a--e to keep an eye on it, looks like thats the modern day and age, money is tight so its obvious there is beer in the cool box easy pickings

tony:cry:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
in the army they use to say if it dont move paint, if it moves stick it up your a--e to keep an eye on it, looks like thats the modern day and age, money is tight so its obvious there is beer in the cool box easy pickings

tony:cry:

True.. but it's not a modern problem..

I recall some 50 , yes 50 years ago when we went camping with dad, during the night some thieving bar steward came into the tent and nicked the portable radio .. and it was stashed under MY camp bed ...

A big loss in these days , transistor radios cost an arm and a leg, Dad must have been well peed off , I can still recall him ranting :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
We going to Oxford in a couple of weeks to the C C site at Burford, hope we dont have any problems :cry:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
I have to say tho' we have been camping and caravanning for 20 odd years and this is our first slight misshap. Lucky or what ?
Regards

I would say is pure luck that it hasn't happened before.

Most site owners, wardens or managers keep such incidents quite so as not to frighten away new visitors, that in my opinion is wrong :Angry:

A lot depends on what type of site you stay on, is it the 'type' the low life also choose to use?

Then have the LL had the opportunity to steal from you or a neighbours pitch?

Its a sign of the times but I treat ALL as potential LL, only the other day on our site which is well away from any city or urbane estates I noted a chap walking his dog around the site, yes I had seen hundreds before doing the same but this guy appeared to be very interested in everyone's outfit, okay he may be perfectly innocent but:whistle:

My tip is to get to know your neighbours ASAP so that you keep an eye on each others pitch.:thumb:

Mick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Caggsie

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
N Wales
Funster No
Exp
2 yrs
I, maybe stupidly, think that we are an honest bunch. I may get proved wrong in the future. If we think about this we do tend to have very mobile kit. All I say is don't mess with me. A few years ago having had a few shertberts I saw two people at my patio door in my back garden which doesn't have access from the front, I was told by tuther half, that I was seeing things and had too much sherbert! I was up the garden, down the drive, admittedly with an English bull terrier in tow, but I wasn't having no one do that to me, how dare they!

It later transpired that there had been a spate of burgalries in the area, so sherberts had nothing to do with it.

I suppose it will happen one day and no doubt someone will say told you so but I still have a little faith in human beings.

Regards

Karen

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
If (playing baseball) always keep a ball with the bat it may get you out of trouble:thumb:
if you have just the bat, well you need a ball also to play!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back