Course fishing France/Spain (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Setting off shortly through the tunnel taking a few weeks to get to Cadiz and wondered if it is worth taking a rod & reel to kill a few hours or would it be a lot of hassle getting permits etc?
Thanks.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Since Brexit I think itā€™s impossible to catch fish abroad.

Sorry.

Even more sorry if you were planning to take your cat with you.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Is course fishing different from fine fishing?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Iā€™ve been slowly coming down France with the intention to fish but the rivers and lakes are very low and lots of weed due to the long hot dry summer..

Arrived at twin lakes today and the level is very low but have seen some fish caught today....

Iā€™ll watch this thread as Iā€™d like to fish in Spain too....

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Coarse fishing is for working men, fine fishing is for us retired folk!
I have found that you need a lot of local knowledge to catch fish in France, or only fish early morning and dusk. Apart from carp everything caught seems destined for the pot so the fishes hide during the day!
You need licences for everywhere except some private lakes, with different (not cheap) licences for different areas.

OP
OP
John.
Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Great answer Bob thanks(y)
In that case I'll wait till we get to Fuerteventura and fish in the sea.

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Great answer Bob thanks(y)
In that case I'll wait till we get to Fuerteventura and fish in the sea.
I donā€™t know whether the rules in Fuerteventura are the same as in Spain. If they are then I think you will need a license for sea fishing. Iā€™m sure somebody will be along to confirm this.

OP
OP
John.
Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thanks dalspa.
Yes definitely need a license in Fuerteventura luckily we already have them.
They only cost a few euro and last for 3years so worth getting.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I donā€™t know whether the rules in Fuerteventura are the same as in Spain. If they are then I think you will need a license for sea fishing. Iā€™m sure somebody will be along to confirm this.

Iā€™ve often thought that sea fishing ( from the shore) would be a nice way to pass the time in Spain etc,, but never having fished before Iā€™m thinking it would be expensive for all the gear? Is it?? Xx

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You do need a licence to sea fish in Spain and for rivers and lakes you need a licence for each region.
& isn't there one licence to fish from the shore & a differnt one to fish from a boat ?

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Iā€™ve often thought that sea fishing ( from the shore) would be a nice way to pass the time in Spain etc,, but never having fished before Iā€™m thinking it would be expensive for all the gear? Is it?? Xx
You can pick up tackle quite cheap at car boot sales, or on Gumtree. No need to spend a lot. Could get by with a telescopic rod, reel and weights etc for beach fishing. For spinning a shorter rod (two piece, or telescopic), same reel and assortment of spinners. A landing net could be an optional extra but, unless you are lucky, could be unused.
I only tend to take spinning gear as this keeps me on the move more. I have just come back from the Med where I fished some days from my (inflatable) kayak. Lots of fish, many big mullet, around me but no luck. Thereā€™s always a next time . I only fish for a few minutes, just to occupy the time, unlike some who sit all day.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Met a young couple who were living in the back of a tranny van the other night by a river, as soon as they parked up he was out with a rod, he reckons he does it all over and they eat what he catches, they went hungry that night though. Not a bite.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
& isn't there one licence to fish from the shore & a differnt one to fish from a boat ?

As @jumartoo has posted, yes one for shore, one for boat, one for rivers and lakes.
Would be interesting to know how many Spanish and South Americans that fish alongside me in Mazarron have the required paperwork....it's so easy to obtain but I have never been asked to produce mine.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
You can buy a licence which covers the whole (or most) of France, but itā€™s not cheap - 96 euros - and runs Jan to Dec. Bought one myself the other day and have been fishing the canals from the hire boat that weā€™re on (have left the motorhome behind for a while).

So far have only caught the smallest fish that I have ever caught. I think perhaps the methods I have used back in the UK do not work so well in France. Most here seem to use spinners, quite successfully, for Zander etc. I am more the sit and watch your float and bag a few roach type.

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Have a great trip John, very envious and maybe see you in Fuerteventura next Feb

Andy

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I have fished the river Loir (not the big Loire!) from behind my van on the campsite at Durtal quite a few times and during the day you would swear the river was devoid of fish. Perhaps the odd tiny skimmer or bleak, but put some groundbait in and fish at first light or as it gets dark and it's like someone has flicked a switch. Big bream (I have had them up to 8lb) chub and smaller bream but under French law you can't fish in the dark, except for carp in some places.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Iā€™ve been slowly coming down France with the intention to fish but the rivers and lakes are very low and lots of weed due to the long hot dry summer..

Arrived at twin lakes today and the level is very low but have seen some fish caught today....

Iā€™ll watch this thread as Iā€™d like to fish in Spain too....
Hope you are saving some for when we catch up with you. I'll supply the wine, don't trust your choice after last time :D2

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I have fished the river Loir (not the big Loire!) from behind my van on the campsite at Durtal quite a few times and during the day you would swear the river was devoid of fish. Perhaps the odd tiny skimmer or bleak, but put some groundbait in and fish at first light or as it gets dark and it's like someone has flicked a switch. Big bream (I have had them up to 8lb) chub and smaller bream but under French law you can't fish in the dark, except for carp in some places.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Fishing in the dark is new to me but very rewarding....just a couple of weeks ago I had a wonderful time catching Chub and Barbel in the smallest of Nottinghamshire rivers.
IMG_20180921_201026.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back