Free Member
Jun 25, 2010
Teesdale County Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1 year
Hi everyone at Motorhomefun - I've just joined the site but I got a very sad task to carry out. My mother died a couple of weeks ago and I have to sell my parents much loved R reg Mobilvetta Euroyacht 140 - I'm acting as the estate executor and I need the collective wisdom of the site members.

Firstly I have no idea what the true value of this motorhome is - I've looked in the usual magazines but Mobilvettas appear to be quite rare. A local dealer has offered £11k but I feel its under valued as it has 30k on the clock, Tracker, Air-ride suspension, tow bar fitted and comes with a Carratow.

The Mobilvetta is located at my parents home in North Scotland and I'm wondering if I bring it home to N Yorkshire we might get more people interested. I'll have to MOT it as its just run out but I'd assume a current MOT would add some value?

Has any member got some useful suggestions?

The sad thing is Jane (my partner) and I were considering touring Europe in the Mobilvetta next year to do some climbing in the Alps - we'd previously used it to attend Cropedy Festival and got the bug - we are talking about buying a motorhome more suited to our needs in a couple of years time so we'll keep in touch on motorhome matters via this site. However I'll keen on self build having just seen some of the members self builds and reading John Wickershaws Haynes manual.

Thanks in advance for any members input

Jamie

cater_racer

Free Member
Oct 15, 2008
Chester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You don't say what year it is, but the market is cr*p so without a purchase I'd say the dealer is offering a fair price.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi, get it on Ebay with an 11k reserve and see what happens:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
You don't say what year it is, but the market is cr*p so without a purchase I'd say the dealer is offering a fair price.

Should have gone to specsavers!- it says R REG in the op!
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi everyone at Motorhomefun - However I'll keen on self build having just seen some of the members self builds and reading John Wickershaws Haynes manual.

Thanks in advance for any members input

Jamie

jamielynn :welcomefunster:
....cant help with your query but someone will be along soon that can

We have a Conversion Van up for sale that has been winterized if you should change your mind:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Hi Jamie,

:welcome:

I have a 2001 Euroyacht 150 which is a bit bigger I believe but prob not a lot of difference in value. I paid £25k last year, so as yours is about 3 years older I would have thought it may be worth a little more than the £11k you ahve been offered.

BUT, as others have said not a great time to sell and market is not good currently.

Get it in best condition, MOT and try it on EBAY with a reserve of at least £12k.

Mind you, if you change your mind it is a super motorhome:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Good Luck

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Jamie, I cannot help with regard to value, but from an outsider and reading your post, it may be an idea not to jump the gun. The motorhome may be a great way for you to get into the swing of motorhoming and learn more about what you want from your final vehicle.

It is early days yet and you are still grieving .... I keep telling my daughter if anything happens to me don't do anything for twelve months..... then when your mind is clearer you can decide what to sell and what to keep.

It is just a suggestion, but I do know that if you decide to give it a try this is the best site around and these people on here will help you in every way to get used to motorhoming and enjoying it to the full.

Good luck. Joy

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi Jamie
Would be interested in van as am looking for one at the moment .
Have you any pics of it or perhaps you could let me have your number or ring me on 01322331153
Ray

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back