LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Have just purchased All The Aires France 2nd edition ,although this book is very good is there a book to any ones knowledge listing municipals.We prefer municipals as we like to put the chairs out as it is an advantage when traveling with the grandkids.or this not allowed on municipals? or should we just stick to campsites?
Dave

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I've never found a municipal sites book Dave .. :Sad:

but almost every town has one, so not a great need or demand I guess

They are just like regular camp sites, usually with decent basic facilities but far cheaper .

You can do as you please with chairs tables etc ..

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Hi Jim I have municipal l sites in my Garmin sat nav,which gives me a short list of sites from the location i am in at the time, but dont know how to get a full list of municipals up.
Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim I have municipal l sites in my Garmin sat nav,which gives me a short list of sites from the location i am in at the time, but dont know how to get a full list of municipals up.
Dave

This may help .... or maybe not ... :roflmto:

I made a Google map with all the French sites, aires, and municipals but it's a huge data base.. it's alphabetical , there are two pages of municipals

Link Removed

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
This may help .... or maybe not ... :roflmto:

I made a Google map with all the French sites, aires, and municipals but it's a huge data base.. it's alphabetical , there are two pages of municipals

Hi Jim having a bit of time on my hands, ::bigsmile: I thought I will download that map, stick it in Excel, and remove everything bar the municipals.

But you can't download past page 5, and it the same if you tell it to "View in google earth" it only displays up to page 5. There must be a limit built in to "Maps" of 1000 which it can send elsewhere.

Olley

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim having a bit of time on my hands, ::bigsmile: I thought I will download that map, stick it in Excel, and remove everything bar the municipals.

But you can't download past page 5, and it the same if you tell it to "View in google earth" it only displays up to page 5. There must be a limit built in to "Maps" which it can send elsewhere.

Olley

Sorry mate .. I did my best .. :cry:

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Have just purchased All The Aires France 2nd edition ,although this book is very good is there a book to any ones knowledge listing municipals.We prefer municipals as we like to put the chairs out as it is an advantage when traveling with the grandkids.or this not allowed on municipals? or should we just stick to campsites?
Dave

We bought a book while in France earlier this month from a Supermarket.

Guide Bel Air Evasions en Camping Car

Cost 9 euro and lists Campsites and Aires by region. We used it for Aires this year.
\it has some sites in Spain/Germany as well.

Fireball

Free Member
Nov 23, 2009
Funster No
The Caravan Club book Caravan Europe 1 has most municipals listed in it under the nearest town. As this publication is made up from the book users site use, there may be some not listed but I have never found one not listed for the towns we have visited. It has quite valuable information from people that have actually used the sites. If you buy the book and find your favourite not listed you could always send in an update sheet as provided with the book and it will be added to the nexr update, currently version 2010. :Smile::Smile:

Aug 28, 2008
Antwerp /Belgium
Funster No
Exp
Municipal camping are ordinary campings only run by local authorities. They come in all classes; but most of them are small, cosy and cheap. Some of them are now converted in 'aire' (MH-sites)
Another good choice could be 'camping naturelles'
Have a look at http://www.campingfrance.com/

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Your Best

Sorry mate .. I did my best .. :cry:

Did your best!

Did your best!

probably one of the biggest understatements I have ever seen.

Its absolutely brilliant.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I selected a route from my house to one of the sites. I then picked one of the route changes close to the site to show the mini-map of that instruction.

Yes, I got the mini map showing me where the turn was, but I also got a picture image of the turn I was making. Now i know thats down to the much maligned by the privacy brigades Google Map Pictures, but for a stranger with a could be better map reader, its like gold dust.::bigsmile:

Venita

Free Member
Jul 6, 2009
Co. Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Having just returned from France, I would just like to point out that, although I did note the rules for not putting chairs out in the aires, everyone, including French people, had chairs out and sometimes awnings. I understand the reasons for these rules but unfortunately if no-one abides by them ..... ALL of the aires we attended were full and busy and were using all of the local facilities which is what they are all about. It doesnt seem that they take much notice of a couple of chairs.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I have to admit we also had chairs out adn a table when we wanted to eat outside :Blush:, although were never quite brave enough to put out the awning!
One we stayed on people also had washing lines out attatched to the trees so I don't think a couple of chairs would cause a storm.

jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
French Municipal Sites

We use both the Caravan Club's Caravan Europe 1 guide and the Guide Officiel Camping Caravanning. Both are very good - the CC book includes reports from people have already visited the site but the French book has far more sites listed including Camping A La Ferme sites - bit like our CLs here - as well as Aires in towns.

Jenny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back