johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Has anyone ever worked for the C&CC or CC and if so what were they like to work for, I know the money is not good but where is in this industry.

Thanks
Dave

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Without any knowledge of the subject at all I can't help thinking that, given the number of members of these two clubs, together with the price they charge for membership plus the income from both the camping fees together with capital gain in the value of the land they own, some one must be making a few quid somewhere...

JJ:RollEyes:

blongs

Free Member
Mar 25, 2010
Goole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm not sure if these 2 are members of this forum but they have a motorhome, a blog and are wardens for C&CC.

Link Removed

Ben

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Without any knowledge of the subject at all I can't help thinking that, given the number of members of these two clubs, together with the price they charge for membership plus the income from both the camping fees together with capital gain in the value of the land they own, some one must be making a few quid somewhere...

JJ:RollEyes:

certainly enough to pay an MP £10k per year to raise questions on The House

MP David Amess has denied BBC accusations that he breached Parliamentary rules by not declaring a financial interest.

Mr Amess, Tory MP for Southend West, is registered as parliamentary adviser to the Caravan Club, for which he gets between £5,000 and £10,000 a year.

and

The Caravan Club pays fees to 3 MP's totalling up to £30,000 a year.

Quote from CC Head of Public Relations

Further to your letter today regarding the recent news item concerning David Amess MP, The Caravan Club can confirm that David Amess MP is retained as a parliamentary advisor to The Club, as are Eric Illsley MP (Lab) and Lembit Öpik MP (Lib Dem).

£30,000 equates to 810 membership fees going directly into the pockets of MP’s.

I view this as a misguided use of Club funds and invite all members to sign this petition to register their opposition to spending “our money” in this way.

Now THAT is what I call working for the Club.... not cutting grass for minimum wage :RollEyes:

sign petition here
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ccpaysmps/

Last edited:

Happy Hippy

Free Member
May 16, 2010
In my bus
Funster No
MH
Scruffy old bus
Exp
Full time since April 2007, part time since early 80's
Yet another good reason never to use sites or have anything to do with these commerical and political enterprises - err - opps, i mean "clubs" :ROFLMAO:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Working for the C&CC or the CC

Has anyone ever worked for the C&CC or CC and if so what were they like to work for, I know the money is not good but where is in this industry.

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes, we were employed by the C&CC, from 1999 until 2005.

They were, at that time OK, enjoyment of the experience can depend on the type of manager/warden you are working too.

Both clubs have introduction/training/selection courses, the CC always used to be a week course, with selection interviews at the end of the course, not sure if that system is still used.

The C&CC have a some thing similar, with an experience weekend at a site, as a starter, followed by a regional training course, at selected sites, then appointments.

We feel, of the two clubs, the site staff enviromental conditions at the CC and superior to the C&CC, in as much all CC sites do have a compound for all site staff, so when you are "off duty" you have your private space. This compound usually also includes all your own facilities, and some space.

In the C&CC the staff area is usually within the camping area, which does expose you to the campers evan if you are not on duty.

Both clubs have staff annual reviews, although when we were employed, again the CC report system appeared to be more structured.

We enjoyed our time with the C&CC, and retired when we thought the time was right for us to start "full timimg" proper, no regrets there. It is a good steping stone to full timing, if thats what you are aiming for.

Any other questions PM me...:thumb:

Nomadic

OP
OP
J

johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks Nomadic just what I wanted to hear glad to see you read the question unlike some who took it as an opertunity to slag off the CC. Thanks for the chance to PM you I may take you up on that if we decied to go ahead, we are heading to full timing but at this time need that little bit more cash (nothing new there).

Cheers Dave

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks to johnerontheroad for asking the question and many thanks to Nomadic for the best answer.
We are selling up to have x number of months on the road relaxing and enjoying ourselves, then maybe finding warden jobs with one of 'The Clubs'
CC seem better to work for-I've talked to as many wardens as I could (on both clubsites) and CC seems to come out on top, definite hours to work, and as you say your own area, pay seems to be the same.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back