Me again (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Plus s 670SLT
Exp
Since 2014
Could I impose on you knowledgeable people once again.
We are now near Carcassonne and have 5 day from leaving here until we meet up with my tugging sister in Nimes. Do you have any suggestions of where to visit. We would like to see a few place whilst this far south. We don’t want to spend a day on a beach, prefer to find nearby places of interest to cycle to, or walk if close.

I would also welcome any suggestions for places going back to the tunnel. We have almost 2 weeks so don’t need a direct route; prefer to wonder to see places.

I know I’m asking a lot but any input will be welcomed.

Thanks once more.

Phil

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
I would suggest maybe a couple of days on the Camargue if you haven't been before. Also as you get towards Nimes Pont du Gard and Avignon are both places we've enjoyed visiting. They all have aires or ACSI sites with easy walks or cycles to the interesting bit. Enjoy

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
A visit to Orodour-sur-glane, near Limoges on your way back. There’s an aire there too. Google it, might not be your thing, but certainly makes you realise how lucky we are.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Could I impose on you knowledgeable people once again.
We are now near Carcassonne and have 5 day from leaving here until we meet up with my tugging sister in Nimes. Do you have any suggestions of where to visit. We would like to see a few place whilst this far south. We don’t want to spend a day on a beach, prefer to find nearby places of interest to cycle to, or walk if close.

I would also welcome any suggestions for places going back to the tunnel. We have almost 2 weeks so don’t need a direct route; prefer to wonder to see places.

I know I’m asking a lot but any input will be welcomed.

Thanks once more.

Phil
The Corbières region, south west of Carcassonne is a really interesting area. We explored it a couple of years ago and wrote it up on here, post #310 onwards https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/three-go-adventuring-again.130193/page-16#post-1939946

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back