Snowdon (1 Viewer)

300wrx

Free Member
Jun 29, 2008
Funster No
May be of interest to anyone visiting Snowdon for either walking up or taking the train to the summit. The car park opposite the mountain railway charges £12 for a Motorhome for the day , however you are allowed to stay the night if you so wish and you get a 20% discount off all bar meals in the Royal Victoria. The car park gets locked at 9pm to stop other vehicles from disturbing you. The next morning there is no rush to get away, but the car park starts to fill up from around 10.30. Two nice car park attendants will give you all info you need to explore the area. We walked to the summit which takes about four and a half hours at a very steady pace. One hour spent at the top and then only two and a half hours to get back to the car park. hope the info is of use to someone.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
a very useful and informative post.....thanks.

i'v only been in the carpark once and thought it very expensive (tourist trap) but didnt realise you could stay the night.

makes it a much more attractive proposition and could almost be classed as an aire. :thumb:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
thanks for the useful infro I was just planning to go there, Do you know what time the car park is unlocked in the morning and is the attendent on site during day time ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
yea but what happens after 9pm if you get an emergency and need to drive away??

OP
OP

300wrx

Free Member
Jun 29, 2008
Funster No
The car park was open when we awoke at 7am , I guess to allow for the early visitors and the two attendants were present at that time . The car park belongs to the hotel which is accessed through the hotel garden path, only 400 yds away. If you had to leave early the hotel reception staff would be able to let you out. If you ask the attendant he does explain in great detail. Two other Motorhomes had taken up the offer to stay, one was gone when we got up, the other was still there when we left at lunch time. On leaving the attendant stopped the traffic to allow me to turn right out of the car park. This was last Sunday the 20th June 2010. For the more concerned about leaving the car park in an emergency , take a sizable pair of bolt cutters. :RollEyes:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
For the more concerned about leaving the car park in an emergency , take a sizable pair of bolt cutters. :RollEyes:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Could also acquire a few bikes too!

Phil (Reaching for his coat .....)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back