Free Member
Mar 23, 2009
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
5 years
I have a 2007 burstner 748/2 motorhome and want to fit a bike rack to the back of it, I am having trouble finding the right rack for my motorhome, Fiamma were no help at all despite sending them a photo of my van, does anyone have any sugestions?

Thanks Bomber:helpsos:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I have a very solid Chrysler bike rack that fits to a towbar mount......

Had to do a bit of fabricating myself but well pleased with the result.

I'd rather this way than drill the van.

Steve.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I have a 2007 burstner 748/2 motorhome and want to fit a bike rack to the back of it, I am having trouble finding the right rack for my motorhome, Fiamma were no help at all despite sending them a photo of my van, does anyone have any sugestions?

Thanks Bomber:helpsos:

Try phoning us or send Darren an email with the photo, not that I think they will need one.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
A Tow bar mounted one, and a BIG motorbike style chain and lock to secure bikes through tow bar steel work....... that is if you want to keep the bikes:winky:

18mm chain cant easily be cut with croppers

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Having had experience of a bike rack practically coming off and damaging my Van I would always now have a tow ball mounted one. Get a tow bar fitted and then a THULE rack is only £100, you would then be amazed what other stuff you use a tow ball for.

DiscoDave

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
The north
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
properly 4 years, playing at it for ages
There a couple of types that will fit by drilling the rear wall of the motorhome and fitting brackets, it will depend on the location of windows on the rear panel as to which rack will fit.

Link Removed

Have a look at the carry bike pro and the carry bike pro C, you can see from the pictures the spacings for the fixings.

Regarding the fitting of a tow bar mounted bike rack, definitely a preferred option but some what prohibitive if you haven't already got a tow bar.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back