LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
I have a CI Carioca 15 2004 on a Ducato 2 does anyone know were I could find the D+ supply & fuse for the fridge & step, on the above I have found all the relays but for the life of me I cannot find this supply circled on attached drawing.
Scan_20180925.jpg

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Does the D+ control the step?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
D+ will be any ign switch controlled supply.

I may be wrong but the D is a throwback to the days of the dynamo and the + denoted the 12v (or sometimes 6v) supply to the field or exciter windings in the dynamo which was activated by the ignition switch and made the dynamo windings live.
Today its just the charge warning light wiring.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have seen that but were from, and were is the 1a Fuse, that's what i cant find.
Could be taken from anywhere.
Back of the alternator
Back of ignition switch
Ign switch controlled fuse in cab fuse box
Anything controlled by ignition switch.

Probably easier to start again with a new wire and fuse and pick your own source.

OP
OP
Lee Fryer

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since June 2012
robably easier to start again with a new wire and fuse and pick your own source.
That's what I was thinking but thought I would ask on here in case some one had replaced the fuse. Thanks all for your suggestions.
Lee

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
On our CI the fuses were all under the drivers seat & in the black box immediately behind it.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
D+ Is the wire that goes to 12 VDC when the engine is running and the alternator is producing electricity. Designed to operate the alternator warning light. You turn your ignition on and your "check lights" come on. Start the engine and they go out, hence the term checks lights.

+15 Is any circuit that is 12 VDC when the ignition is on
+30 Is 12 VDC from the battery positive

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
hi on my 06 Ducato the relay For the fridge and the fuse was next to the cab battery

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The D+ is only live when the engine is running as opposed to just an ignition switched live, it comes from the ignition switch and goes to the alternator windings via the ignition light, before the alternator starts to output this wire is grounded through the windings so the ignition light illuminates but once the alternator starts to spin it generates its own power in the windings so they float up to 12v +ve at which point the light goes out as +ve to +ve has no potential.

The other option is that the van control system is using a voltage sensing relay to determine when the alternator is running and supplying a pseudo D+, this could possibly be the case as the circuit diagram from @Lee Fryer shows the D+ coming straight from the Car battery and fused at 1amp so it's not going much work, if this is the case any 12 volt ignition switched live should suffice.

I am pretty sure our van uses the proper old fashioned D+ to the fridge as it shows -ve as opposed to open circuit when the ignition is off but I guess they are all different.

Martin

EDIT I should add that I am far from qualified in this subject so "buyer beware"

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lee Fryer

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since June 2012
Thank's to every one, @TerryL you were right it was spliced into a alternator wire all now fixed

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
can see all is sorted but ill just add a little info to the thread in case it helps someone..
I think most modern vans ( im on about panel vans , as I imagine most modern motorhomes already use a D+ , or engine run already in their power supply units and it should be easy enough to pick up ) there is often a wire that is simply ground switched by the ecu when the van is started , the battery is charging , and the engine is running at a certain speed..
that wire can be used to switch a relay coil , and the relay supplied with 12v to supply equipment that you only want to use when the engine is running , or to provide power to close a step etc..
on a mark 7 transit its taped up in the wiring loom just above the front
passenger wheel arch...

Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back