Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I believe the regular Marshall will be on a years sabbatical to Europe.

Maybe you could join them in Spain.

I am hoping to.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Good on you, John. You try and do that my friend...... it will do you good and will help you through a difficult time. I am really pleased that you have something to look forward to. Hugs Joy (and sasha):Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Is Sacha the pooch?

Pictures please.

Spain is dependant on my finances:Sad: things keep changing, i had the cash till last week:whatthe:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi John, Sasha is the pooch... I think I have some in my gallery of her... but when I can tomorrow I am downloading the Prestwold photos and she is on there.

Know what you mean about the finances as in the same boat, but looking forward to something gives you an incentive to save and scrimp on a few things you wouldn't normally do so on...... I think Christmas and New Year can be a sad time under normal circumstances so would be asking if I could follow you on convoy if I were able!!!! You go and enjoy yourself young man.:thumb:

Is John the only person who has made plans? No meets round a blazing brazier please?

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
We are waiting to see if we are going to Malta prior to Xmas as Emily might be sailing there but as yet no details so Xmas on hold at the mo. John - go for it sod the expence.

Dale

Rainbowchaser

Free Member
Feb 27, 2010
Third rock from the sun
Funster No
MH
Err..A blue one
Exp
Hmnn...Quite a long time really...
Is John the only person who has made plans? No meets round a blazing brazier please?[/QUOTE]

I usually have Christmas on the beach but I'm up for anything this year...
And if Joy is going to be burning her bra....::bigsmile:

Ok, I'll get the sprouts on now !

:Smile:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
What are the dates may just make it. :Eeek::Eeek:

Hi Mike
have you got your dodge ram and trailer yet? if so have you been out in it yet?
hope you got as far as spain for december in it.
we are off to dunkerque on friday for just over 2 weeks, not quite sure were we'll end up but who cares we'll just mooch around and head for the sun. (hope sally's ok)

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
new year

we are away for xmas but then straight down to ayr campsite in st ives for a week including new year , terry c and family are with us for this one and possibly some others but not confirmed yet
new year in st ives is superb
:thumb:

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
We're booked in from 1st Dec to 1st April! No doubt we'll arrive sometime in November! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So the dates are any time then!!! :Smile:

Would be great if you could come - I'm sure you'd enjoy it!!:thumb::thumb:

We sail to Spain on 15th Sept heading down to Pinar San Jose as we failed to make it last year!:ROFLMAO:

Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
WOW! :roflmto: You're actually going to get there this year?? :thumb::thumb:Will be great! How long are you staying?:Smile:

:ROFLMAO: Thats the plan, well the ferry tickets have been booked! staying there for appx 4 months ish::bigsmile:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Hi Mike
have you got your dodge ram and trailer yet? if so have you been out in it yet?
hope you got as far as spain for december in it.
we are off to dunkerque on friday for just over 2 weeks, not quite sure were we'll end up but who cares we'll just mooch around and head for the sun. (hope sally's ok)

Yeh we have picked it up and have been out a couple of times, will be in it for the bring and buy.

Sally fine just stressed with this thing called work.

Have a good time i am sure that you will and see you at the next meet linton unless you are at cheshire.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
OK! How about Camping Pinar San Jose, Zahora, Cadiz Province, Spain?
Plenty of room! :thumb:
There'll be a few Funsters there anyway!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

All equipped with wellies, water pumps, rubber dingies, tie-downs made out of high tensile steel rope, earplugs.

How much do they charge ?

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
All equipped with wellies, water pumps, rubber dingies, tie-downs made out of high tensile steel rope, earplugs.

How much do they charge ?

Don't give all the secrets away Brian! I was keeping all that as a surprise!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If you stay 3 months the current winter rate is €250 a month inclusive of EHU, Wi-fi and cable TV (7UK channels).

http://www.campingpinarsanjose.com/

It's in the ACSI book too!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If you stay 3 months the current winter rate is €250 a month inclusive of EHU, Wi-fi and cable TV (7UK channels).
It's in the ACSI book too!

That's quite a proposition, marred only by last winter's weather. I was sat here thinking "well it's cold and miserable and I'm fed up but at least I didn't drive 1500 miles to be in this state.".

Now, once again, we've been away in May, "never seen it so hot while you were away" and I'm hacking away at the garden, always playing catch up.

So you have a sound plan, Spain in winter and UK in summer".

Needs thoughts. Dinah will have speaks with you this weekend. Both of us are apprehensive as to whether we could survive the potential boredom. Mind you, think of all the hours I could spend debating relays with Bryan :)

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
That's quite a proposition, marred only by last winter's weather. I was sat here thinking "well it's cold and miserable and I'm fed up but at least I didn't drive 1500 miles to be in this state.".

Now, once again, we've been away in May, "never seen it so hot while you were away" and I'm hacking away at the garden, always playing catch up.

So you have a sound plan, Spain in winter and UK in summer".

Needs thoughts. Dinah will have speaks with you this weekend. Both of us are apprehensive as to whether we could survive the potential boredom. Mind you, think of all the hours I could spend debating relays with Bryan :)

We weren't cold and miserable Brian - just wet!:roflmto: We had a lot of fun and never got bored!
Last winter's weather was freaky all over the world - can't be the same again can it? :Eeek:
We had some good weather and when it stopped raining it was beautiful! At least it was warm enough to be outside without a jacket!! Rex had his shorts on all winter and I wore my flipflops all winter too!

I've got plenty of photos of nice weather!:thumb:

Anyway I'll talk to Dinah this weekend!

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

We spent our first Winter away this year, and absolutely loved it.

As it was our first year, we decided to try out a number of sites, to see which suited us, in order to plan for future trips, and we came away with very clear ideas as to where we will go next time.

The weather - so we were told, everywhere we went - was out of the ordinary, but it was still a darn sight better than at home!

We met some lovely people, saw some incredible places, and are already planning our trip for the end of this year.

Everyone is different, but we liked travelling around, as opposed to staying in one place (we know that means we can't take advantage of the long term discounts, but at this stage in our lives, it suits us better), the maximum period we found being 2 weeks - after that we were ready to go off exploring, to see what was round the corner.

We stayed at the campsite Marie has mentioned, and it is a lovely place, if a little remote for our liking. The staff were friendly and helpful, and we'd go back for a short stay again.

Whatever you do decide to do, any of you, just do it - we're sure you won't regret it!!

Regards

Di and Pete

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We would like to come to Spain for some of our winter trip ::bigsmile: Once we know our going away date we can factor it in.

Sounds like a nice place and a funster meet would add to the enjoyment.

Could I just ask Marie, as someone mentioned it was a bit remote, is it an easy bus or taxi ride to get to a few places?

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We would like to come to Spain for some of our winter trip ::bigsmile: Once we know our going away date we can factor it in.

Could I just ask Marie, as someone mentioned it was a bit remote, is it an easy bus or taxi ride to get to a few places?

Don't know about taxis as we never used them but there is a bus once a day at 10.45 into Conil (about 10k's away) returning at 1pm or 3pm.

We hired a car for a few weeks a couple of times last winter which enabled us to go and see places. This year we intend to hire a car long term if we can get winter rates from the car hire co. Last winter we paid €77 a week for a smallish car. We reckon we could do a deal to improve on that!:Smile:

We also find that we can take the van out quite easily around there - plenty of parking!! Quiet roads! Easy peasy!

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

So that we didn't hijack this thread I started a new one for PP to chat about this trip here:
Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back